Help › Forums

Master At Last

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:33 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DAD111
    582 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:57 AM

I'm a happy bunny as I just made Master.....it sounds quite nice though I doubt if I really am.....lol.

I am in no hurry to reach any of the next tiers and it doesn't matter if I never do. I'm going to enjoy playing more as I seem to have spent more time trying for credits than actually playing.

I don't have to worry so much about that as I have enough now...... 

I'd like to thank all the members here who have helped and advised me with club selections, my overall game (especially putting.....lol) over the past few months. You know who you are. For new or fairly new members here........just enjoy this wonderful game for what it is....there's no race here.....

My thanks to everyone again.......happy hitting everybody.....

Bob

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:15 AM

Congrats on making master .   smoke.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:15 AM

Congrats.... TM is also verry nice to reach   :)

• ksinfield
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:50 AM

welcome to the masters club.

you realise of course that all the whinging legends will accuse you of sandbagging,according to them anybody over level 60 that isnt a legend is a sandbagger

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:30 PM

ksinfield:

welcome to the masters club.

you realise of course that all the whinging legends will accuse you of sandbagging,according to them anybody over level 60 that isnt a legend is a sandbagger

Yeah..............that's exactly the kind of stupid remark that an imbecile would make.......

To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure what all that means or entails........but it sounds like too much work for me. I had enough work to do getting credits,clubs etc....

If anything, I'm naive or was naive when I started playing here. I may be many things but cheat isn't one of them.  I'm not a great player and I've had to work hard for Master. I joined way back but didn't start playing till Jan this year.

CHECK MY STATS!!

I reached this level the long and hard way on my own as I found it hard to get my average down.......hence the level I'm at.

In my opinion it's the opposite!! Check out some of the "legends" on here and tell me there's no sandbaggers among them........

Again.............CHECK MY STATS!!    And the dates against my games......what can't speak can't lie.........

I don't know why I'm responding to this as I don't need to defend myself.......One of my favourite sayings is......." as long as I know......and God knows............that's all that matters"

I can tell you that from now on, Forums will be totally ignored by me........and that's a shame as I like to help anyone when I can.........but not now.

I'm getting really sick of replying to this now............and believe me, there's a lot of sickos on here....

Bob

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:07 PM

Congrats DAD,  take all the time you want and just enjoy the game. Not all Legends make accusations. If you aren't playing in credit matches and gaming the system, then no one will ever call you a sandbagger. That moniker is reserved for the ones who shoot high rounds on their score history to hold their tier but raise their level (thus the best equipment, but shooting from the putt putt tees). Like you said, if you know then that is all that matters. The real sandbaggers on WGT know who they are, WGT knows who they are, and the players who play for the credits know who they are. Enjoy your new tier and when your ready, you will move up again. Have fun.

Renni

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:26 PM

A huge congrats,this game means different things to different players so if you have found your niche and are happy and content that is all that matters.

Well done Trev

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:50 PM

DAD,

don't be upset, that "accusation" was only fictive.

Stupid Legends might have uttered it but there aren't any around.

Congrats to your achievement - IMO it's timely if not fast.

Just in time for the G20s if you like those.

I was just short of the high level G20s when I hit Master - a wee bit slower than you.

Anyway: Have fun and hit it straight!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:58 PM

BOB , i am a Legend , and   thinking  that you are  a sandbagger . Is the last thing i would think,  the comment  of  Legends  will acuse you  is incorrect,  and mean  .  98%+   Of Legends   on this site (i and i know  many) would be first happy  for your success , you made it to Master , we all had to do it  some faster some slower ..... so enjoy  the positve feed back, let  the one  not so nice be out of mind    

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:52 PM

When I started, there were two tiers; hack and amature . Then came Master, (a big deal)...and then Legend. I enjoyed every level, as I know you will. Just enjoy the walk. 

• PAGES
RSS