Help › Forums

Master At Last

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:33 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:00 PM

From a Legend, enjoy the tier and work hard to get the next one by playing all the various courses, even the ones you hate...............that's Olympic for me.

Most of the Legends don't call people at your level a sandbagger.  When you see a Tour Pro at level 90 playing with the same clubs that you have, then you tend to maybe think he might be a bagger but even then some people just don't improve.

I doubt if I will make it to Tour Legend.  Not because I'm  a sandbagger but because I'm just not a good enough putter to get there.

Enjoy the game and your time at your new level.

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:14 PM

ksinfield:
    you realise of course that all the whinging legends will accuse you of sandbagging,according to them anybody over level 60 that isnt a legend is a sandbagger

Really ??? That's amazing !

Must be the same guys who once they reach Tour Legend complain because their chances of winning are reduced to 1 in a 1000 ? 

Welcome to the majority fellas ! 

I won 13.5 credits one day cause a lot of people forgot to play a tournament LOL

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:27 PM

Congrats, DAD, and welcome to the ranks. I've been a Master since WGT arbitrarily put me there. That was when the tier system was originally instigated. I figure at my skill level and volume of playing this is probably as far as I will ever get but I really enjoy this level.

Keep enjoying the game for what it is and don't let anyone get you down.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:53 PM

Congrats on your achievement and more power to you...keep enjoying the game!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:13 PM

Why are there always one or two eggs who jump in to a post...crack their shell open and show everyone a sour yolk?

To the OP...good on ya...!!!!

To a few...why would anyone think a player turning Master, then posting about being happy about...think he was taking any advantage...geesh...congrats is what he needed, not some snide remark that has nothing to do with the post.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:22 PM

CONGRATS...bob

I will 2nd what TARHEELSRULE said...

FUNN is the #1 objective...

peace

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:01 AM

TarheelsRule:

From a Legend, enjoy the tier and work hard to get the next one by playing all the various courses, even the ones you hate...............that's Olympic for me.

Most of the Legends don't call people at your level a sandbagger.  When you see a Tour Pro at level 90 playing with the same clubs that you have, then you tend to maybe think he might be a bagger but even then some people just don't improve.

I doubt if I will make it to Tour Legend.  Not because I'm  a sandbagger but because I'm just not a good enough putter to get there.

Enjoy the game and your time at your new level.

My grateful thanks to all who replied and for the positive comments. My faith has been restored........I'm really touched by your comments.

Most, if not all of you, have helped me on my journey here whether you know it or not. It may have been replies to questions I asked or when I follow the many threads or comments you have posted here. 

Sweetiepie gave me great advice once on my putting when she said I was maybe trying to be too precise or accurate........and she was right..... 

alosso helped in my choice of clubs with good advice....as did many others though perhaps not directly to me. I could go on and on, but to you all... please accept my grateful thanks again. 

Like TarheelsRule said above.........I doubt if I'll ever make it above Master, but that's not why I play here. I love this game for what it is......no more, no less.  I see some wonderful people, such as yourselves here, who take time out to help others with their game. I'd like to think I can maybe do the same and put a wee bit back in.......

Finally...........I said I was finished with Forums in my last post but lo and behold..........I had ticked the box for email replies........lol........so here we are....

My thanks to all..............God Bless You............and happy hitting!

Bob

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:57 AM

From another Legend.....

Congratulations Bob.

You should never doubt anything about playing this game. You never know you might just make TM oneday and if not, it really doesn't matter as long as your still enjoying playing the game... that is the main thing :)

Good Luck and Good Hitting

Roger

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:33 AM

mantis0014:

From another Legend.....

Congratulations Bob.

You should never doubt anything about playing this game. You never know you might just make TM oneday and if not, it really doesn't matter as long as your still enjoying playing the game... that is the main thing :)

Good Luck and Good Hitting

Roger

Thank you Roger.......and you're probably correct. If there's one thing I've learned in life,  it's ....."never say never"......

Bob

• PAGES
RSS