Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:28 AM

This is the email WGT sent me and I can understand why they changed it even if I don't like it.

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the change and for the lack of notice. We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all. We know players like the ability to earn free credits so we decided to keep the service but increase the redemption ratio.

Our apologies...but it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced.

Thanks,
    WGT

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:39 AM

drakeshead:
    it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced.

It has certainly balanced OUR credit economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours for the better ours for the worse. Typical power economics..........

Mel

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:13 AM

That email is exactly what should have been posted as an announcement as soon as the decision was made to change the program. Some grumbling would have occurred but the outcry would have been greatly reduced and there would have been a lot less ill will directed at WGT if they had.

This is a perfect example of something in basic customer service that WGT continues to refuse to learn.

• adrian67
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:16 AM

mkg335:

Can't speak for others, but now that the number of views required to obtain credits has been doubled, it's no longer worth my time to view the vids.

The best way (imo) to make a statement is to simply boycott the vids.  Advertising's no good if no one watches.

I suggest we all avoid watching until/unless the policy is changed.

No malice intended toward WGT, but this new policy is unreasonably drastic and came without warning.

I totaly agree , one more for the boycot !

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:21 AM

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:51 AM

drakeshead:

This is the email WGT sent me and I can understand why they changed it even if I don't like it.

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the change and for the lack of notice. We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all. We know players like the ability to earn free credits so we decided to keep the service but increase the redemption ratio.

Our apologies...but it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced.

Thanks,
    WGT

this email from WGT (i'm assuming it's genuine?) i find a bit worrying.

we were constantly told when the service didn't work that it was a 3rd party offer...blah, blah.... nothing to do with us.....but when you notice you're losing out because you're giving away too many credits it's changed overnight? and that you seem to have total control over the '3rd party' ?

i'm not surprised the free credits are being lowered, it's been pretty cheap to play this game for a while now, but it makes all the 'it's out of our control' statements seem a little hollow right now with this move.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 1:00 PM

For the non-boycotters the Corona extra videos have been playing unlimited amount of times all day. Over 200 views as I write this.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:14 PM

drakeshead:
    WGT - We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all.

Personally, I'm not naive enough to believe that even one day went by where WGT wasn't coming out ahead by offering these videos. It just got to the point where they decided they wanted a bigger cut of the money coming in from LiveGamer. Nothing more. Now, instead of us, the customer, getting half (if that) of what LiveGamer was paying WGT per view, we are getting 25% (again, if that). And all this two days before the introduction of $6 balls...

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:32 PM

Just chill & enjoy the vidio.

Nothin from nothin means nothin,,,,,boop boop boop boop boop boop

You gotta have somethin,,if you wanna be wit me! boop boop boop boop boop boop

Don't you REMEMBER I told yuh, ooooou, I's a soldier,, IN DA WAR ON POVERTY!!

Boop boop,,,,(piany tinkles) dee dah dee dah diddley bop da diddly bop do....

RSS