Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:55 PM

people are getting tooooooo lazy..o you have to work a little harder to get free stuff,

WELL. In the time it took me to read all these posts..I earned 200 views... What did you do during this time,

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:22 PM

Removed my first comment, it wasn't positive or productive.  I'll just say, to each his own.

• MikeyCritter
    77 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:45 PM

mkg335:

Can't speak for others, but now that the number of views required to obtain credits has been doubled, it's no longer worth my time to view the vids.

The best way (imo) to make a statement is to simply boycott the vids.  Advertising's no good if no one watches.

I suggest we all avoid watching until/unless the policy is changed.

No malice intended toward WGT, but this new policy is unreasonably drastic and came without warning.

Well since becoming a member of WGT I have gone around the web searching about several subjects.

It may really ruffle some feathers with this post.....

Several of the free trial offers WGT "allows" to advertise on this site..... well they pay WGT a considerable amount for each person who clicks on the "Free" trial putting a hefty paycheck into WGT's pocket usually substantially more than what they offer us in "Free" credits.

Search for yourselves and you will see that I am telling the truth. Those Nay Sayers that WGT has covertly placing ridiculous attitude remarks to get members to disregard posts, try and reduce the truth on this one by slandering my post.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:24 PM

MikeyCritter:

Several of the free trial offers WGT "allows" to advertise on this site..... well they pay WGT a considerable amount for each person who clicks on the "Free" trial putting a hefty paycheck into WGT's pocket usually substantially more than what they offer us in "Free" credits.

We were getting a very small percentage before the change. We are getting an even smaller percentage now. Quite simple really.

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:55 PM

navigater:

people are getting tooooooo lazy..o you have to work a little harder to get free stuff,

WELL. In the time it took me to read all these posts..I earned 200 views... What did you do during this time,

i get 7 video's a day on the carousel and maybe the odd video for 2 extra views.thats 9 views a day on average lets say for arguments sake20 days watching for 200 views. this thread has only been going a few days?

if wgt would double the amount of video's to watch i would watch them but that is not the case.i am still getting the same as before which means double the time

• DobbyWoods
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:40 PM

I'm also very disappointed in the new policy.

No More Vids for me........

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:27 AM

guys, isn't boycotting the worst thing you can do? if it's not used at all it'll disappear, which is even worse. at least there's something to get right now, not great but it's free.

it's pretty obvious the powers that be would like all aspects of free credits removed from the game to force real $ to be put into it, hopefully this never happens but if we stop using the free facility (as poor as it now is) it'll be gone forever and we'll be venting our anger even more.

who's idea was it to start boycotting anyway? anyone would think it was a WGT employee ;-)

• hawkfrend
    11 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:48 AM

This explains why all my mates have left the game, does anyone know of any other online golf games, I just wanna play golf not report bugs all day. cheers.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:17 AM

PaulH0070:

guys, isn't boycotting the worst thing you can do? if it's not used at all it'll disappear, which is even worse. at least there's something to get right now, not great but it's free.

it's pretty obvious the powers that be would like all aspects of free credits removed from the game to force real $ to be put into it, hopefully this never happens but if we stop using the free facility (as poor as it now is) it'll be gone forever and we'll be venting our anger even more.

who's idea was it to start boycotting anyway? anyone would think it was a WGT employee ;-)

Paul, I'll admit you make a good point...something is better than nothing.  And I'll take responsibility for the boycott idea.  It bothered me the way the new policy was foisted on us overnight with no warning.  It didn't cost me personally, but many members had been banking views instead of redeeming them, and they got hit hard.

I don't blame anyone for continuing to view the vids, it's a personal decision.  I do think that this thread and the many others about the topic have gotten wgt's attention, and they have apologized and offered some compensation to those who were saving views.

Everyone will do as he pleases and I think the point's been made, so I guess we can go back to watching the vids (or wasting our time, depending on one's perspective) and earning a few extra credits for our trouble.

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:22 PM

mkg335:

PaulH0070:

Paul, I'll admit you make a good point...something is better than nothing.  And I'll take responsibility for the boycott idea.  It bothered me the way the new policy was foisted on us overnight with no warning.  It didn't cost me personally, but many members had been banking views instead of redeeming them, and they got hit hard.

I don't blame anyone for continuing to view the vids, it's a personal decision.  I do think that this thread and the many others about the topic have gotten wgt's attention, and they have apologized and offered some compensation to those who were saving views.

Everyone will do as he pleases and I think the point's been made, so I guess we can go back to watching the vids (or wasting our time, depending on one's perspective) and earning a few extra credits for our trouble.

no worries mate, we all have to voice our opinions and while i agree a point had to be made i just think boycotting completely is playing into their hands.

best approach i can think of is just submitting our opinion on the vids with no stars, kind of a way of protesting but still getting the views while saying we don't give a **** about what's being shown. 

but then again i suppose that will result in adds being pulled due to no interest. face it guys, we're screwed and sadly there's not a damn thing we can do about it :-(

RSS