Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:36 PM

REALLY ABSURD!!!

I don't know WHY they did this, but I ASSUME it was because they think it was too 'easy' to gain credits by 'watching' those videos, especially if you have LOTS of other ways to gain credits, BUT...

I'm from Brasil (Rio de Janeiro) and I just CAN'T take most of the surveys, because I never 'qualify' for them, after watching the fisrt questions - so I never get credits from them - and also all the other videos in the 'MORE OFFERS' tab rarely appear to me - probably because I live where I live - because they always say there are no avaliable videos for my location...

So, long story short: Watching those damn 7 videos from the carroussel was my BIGGEST credits incoming and still I'm lucky when I'm able to get a little less than 100 (A HUNDRED) credits per WEEK - yep, this is the best I can do (and most of the time I get only those 75 credits by watching 50 videos) per week, so... they pretty much fucked me up - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

NOT fair, NOT right - especially by doing it 'out of the blue', without announcing that to the players - VERY nice... NOT!!!

And I hope they, at least, find a way to offer more credits to the people outside the USA, because it's just not fair that the best I can do now is to get about 30 credits per week only... - it takes me FOREVER to try and buy new equipment...

=/

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:43 PM

A little heads up like when you said the driver level was going up. We didn't hear you on this one.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:48 PM

I just posted in another similar thread to this after a players 2400 views were cut in half and was wondering how many others got caught out , and it looks like there are many who saved theese views , gees WGT that's real sh!tty service !

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:59 PM

wgt know that  players use these video's to stock up on balls(well thats what i do or should i say did)if you are a regular player it will now be impossible .ive spent a lot on this game over the time ive been here and will not be spending any more.if it means not playing as much so be it.its just a cheap trick to force hands in pockets.i mean 2 weeks video watching for 75 credits..........COME wgt play fair.whats next,the 3 credit video 20 minutes long oops dont want to give you any ideas lol

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:23 PM

srellim234:

FamousBeef:

...boycotts never work....

You may start eating your words here:

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/boycotts/successfulboycotts.aspx

If this list is your definition of working, what's your definition of not-working?

Not patronizing a business , such as live gamer, or mcdonalds, or whatever and patronizing a competitor or none at all is not a "boycott". For example, a non-drinker isn't boycotting the liquor industry. At least know what a word means before you start throwing it around.

Of course WGT knew the change was coming and purposely didn't announce it, whether willfully or more likely under terms of their contract with LG. Live Gamer certainly knew exactly how many people had how many unredeemed views.

Geez, open your eyes. I agree to stop using Live Gamer same as I stopped using Peanut Labs for their bogus survey scams. That's still not a "boycott".

It's me choosing not to take a 50% pay cut and WGT thereby losing money.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:25 PM

Same deal here. Thousands of views saved up and not cashed in and WGT pulls this?

There's no reason in hell that WGT could not have given us some warning!

Cheap and truly not a classy move!

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:34 PM

GolfDum:

Same deal here. Thousands of views saved up and not cashed in and WGT pulls this?

There's no reason in hell that WGT could not have given us some warning!

Cheap and truly not a classy move!

See, that is what would really frost my balls, if I had saved up like 10,000 views? lol Some kid savin up for his clubs & has to take a 50% cut? Let's keep it Classy wgt, where have I heard that?

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:44 PM

Yeah,

Really sad they had to do that.  I'll boycott for sure, not worth it anymore WGT!!!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:59 PM

FamousBeef - Perhaps it is you who should look up a definition or two and try reading something before  you claim others don't know what they are talking about.

From the Miriam Webster Dictionary:

" Boycott:

: to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions"

Among other cases from the page I linked to:

"Fruit of the Loom crumbled in the face of pressure from the largest ever student boycott. In an incredible about-face the company re-opened a Honduran factory it had closed after workers had unionised. Furthermore, it also gave all 1,200 employees their jobs back, awarded them $2.5 million in compensation and restored all union rights.

The campaign started in 2009 when United Students Against Sweatshops started a campaign that led to 96 US colleges severing their contracts with the company. Ten British universities followed suit. The campaign was estimated to have cost the company $50million.

Reyna Dominguez, who worked at the factory, told New Internationalist that “without this pressure the company would never have come to the negotiating table. There has never been an agreement like this in Honduras or the world.”

Perhaps you should open your mind to the possibility that you are not always 100% right and the rest of the world is wrong.

RSS