Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:25 PM

pjctas0822:

The people who had their credits building up should be compensated. But my question is ...Why would you build up views and not cash in at the max credit buy out each time? You could have built up your credits not your views. That doesn't make sense to me.

I wont mention names but there are some that used to tell me to pretty much shutup in so many words when I complained about surveys and videos. But now it affects them and all that I said in the past was on point so now I can talk? WOW.

Good luck on this move.

I agree with the top paragraph, when LG was at least awarding views for vids that I watched, I cashed them in right away, always fearing they would "disappear" (800 views? what 800 views?)

Bottom paragraph, I think i can guess who some of those people were. Some in this thread pehaps.

To the clever "boycotters", use the entire definition, don't cherry pick the part you like and omit the remaining part of it.

And where the heck is Icon to delete those idiotic and insulting posts anyway?

• ooosterhouse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:44 PM

just another example of companies ripping off their customers. if we get a reply from wgt i bet the reccession will come into somewhere. even thought it's been going on for eighteen months already.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:13 AM

FamousBeef:
    To the clever "boycotters", use the entire definition, don't cherry pick the part you like and omit the remaining part of it.

If you're referring to me I didn't cherry pick anything. I gave you the entire definition at Merriam-Webster.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boycott

Are you trying to add something to the definition that is in your opinion but not in the dictionary? What disqualifies the Fruit of the Loom example from being an example of a successful boycott?

And for the record, I never advocated for or defended a boycott here. I made observations about the view&credit issue and responded to your erroneous statement about successful boycotts.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:28 AM

srellim234:

blah blah blah successful boycott

FOTL is still in business, making just as much money as ever, perhaps more than ever. same as all the the other "successful" boycott  bad guys, the only losers were the workers and consumers where the boycotts were "successful"

the main  thing that defines a "boycott" is its a collective coercive action with political aims (the part u left out) and completely out of context here.

I have no objection to voting with our individual wallets, which I myself will be doing.  That's exercising free choice which is fine by me. Talking about boycotts makes you sound like the OWS crowd, no offense.

• Richard1201
    822 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:03 AM

WGT...SHAME on YOU

For the other international players the video's were the only way to get some extra credits, and now you go and halve it.

I guess if you pee off a million or so players you still have a few million left. 

• 9woodtothehole
    19 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:06 AM

I feel the same way I'm in !!!

• kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:18 AM

I'M DONE TOO UNREAL TREATMENT TO THE LOYAL PLAYERS HERE STUFF YOUR VIDS !!

• mbrown13kos
    179 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:47 AM

I have the answer for you or anyone that reads this post.....as a few posted they stated WGT said they had to do it to keep this feature. Well I can tell you "fact", and this comes from a WGT employee. They are continuing to find ways to generate money, hard cash, from people who play here. Video's, survey's, etc., WGT gets paid by that sponsor, however I was told they are not bringing in enough $$$ from people like us who play so as many said on this board they drastically reduced views for credits and you want watch them now, that's exactly what they want you to do so you will BUY credits since you aren't earning them. Be on the look out as there are other things to come. For those that take the time to do views, take survey's etc. they are going after our $$$, this want affect those that just buy credits when they need them because that's what WGT wants from everyone. I don't blame WGT, they are a business and are looking for ways to generate more revenue to make the game better, add more courses and so on and I'm okay with that. My only complaint would be as one other person said and that is they didn't notify their customers, mainly the ones that try and earn credits. 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:00 AM

Well, after seeing the new amount of views to get credits, I do not feel bad any longer about earning lost of free credits with the surveys...I have not spend a dime here since nov 2010...lol.

• HoraceGumble
    61 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:03 AM
    I just cut all my legs off, thanks WGT.
RSS