Help › Forums

disconnect %

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:12 PM (114 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:40 PM

davebrown45:

Getting really sick of this game!!! Disconnecting all the frigin time,why bother playing? 90% time you dont get to finish a game.

+10

This guy should get an award of a sleeve of balls for this comment. This is the most intelligent comment in the whole thread.

I have been disconnected exactly 90% of the times (roughly). Every day that I have played this game.

So this 'disconnect' % is the biggest farce in the universe.

• dolfan13net
    6 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:48 PM

I agree ... I hate quitters also. But you should get a couple free passes a month. Being stuck playing with someone for 18 holes and they are being jerks or playing very slowly sucks.  Also today I was @ 100%  played an alt shot game were the opposing team  forfeited and my % dropped to 97%? must be a bug.

• shankerhook
    22 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:09 PM

Roger that Andy, that's your god given right, an option that everyone has. But lets grind it up and have the game waste their time installing a completely stoopid application. If someone disconnects on you, file that name somewhere. If they show up again you cancel them if its your game and leave if it's theirs.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:41 PM

shankerhook:

I've played with people and had them leave and I've left games, I don't understand what the grief is all about. Why are people letting this get to them, life is way to short to whine about this to the point that wgt ( the people who are netting in the neighborhood of tens of millions off of us annually by the way ) has to stick some inane percentage restriction on your account....

In fact I've left games, for a number of reasons not just because I was having a bad round. ..., for the money that I've kicked into their billion dollar baby I'm of the opinion that they should've told you all to have a coke and a smile and shut the f.. up 

Equally unfortunate is there are people who whine about this Minor inconveinence.

With all due respect, Other people spend money here and for you to proclaim moral superiority while completely discounting this fact is disingenuous. Also you grossly  over-estimate how much revenue this site generates by many magnitudes.

You want to buy me a coke or some balls for wasting my time and ball wear when u quit or drop for whatever reason? The reason is irrelevant, the result is the same.

Complaining about time and money being wasted by quitters isn't whining. Also its not a minor issue, it runs rampant here, hence this "fix".  So far, the cure is worse than the disease.

Back to Thread Topic

I was just in a stroke game with another 100%, he disconnected after the Tee off,which is fine, stuff happens. I was forced to wait 5 minutes (annoying and a waste of time), then it put me back in the game, although I was still subject to shot timer, which is only a minor annoyance.

The major annoyance was the load time of the shots after it put me back in to the game and the long delay between executing the shot and the animation of it, while the shot clock played on. After a few holes of this, I "forfeited" (odd since there was no one to forfeit to, me being the only player present)

Thankfully, I remain 100% completion ratio.

I see much potential for griefing here. Get a foursome going, "disconnect" , waste 5 minutes of 3 people's lives. Repeat. Ratio gets low? Blame someone else!

Good Luck with this feature, WGT.

• colinscott
    55 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:14 PM

you think?

• Pingi34me
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:21 PM

It seems that the new improvements to the game are a hassle. First off having to wait 5 mins fr someone who quit is just a waste of playing time,they never relog anyhow. The second thing is the disconnecion problem it happens jus about everyday, I like the game and spend a few dollars to play it, so please take care of the problem and a small compensation for the hassles would be appreciated.  

THANKS

Pingi34me

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:39 PM

Man I really hate this new disconnection percentage S*"T...was just in a twosome Stroke Play match and was on the 16th hole of Kiawah !!! I'm at -2 looking at a 9 foot putt for Birdie to go to -3 (hopefully)...I take the perfect read...the perfect stroke (as the little circle in the middle of my putt meter circles whenever you catch the 'Ding' Perfectly!! Then all of a sudden (and this is the third time of this happening to me ever since WGT went to this disconnection percentage BULLS*"T) my avatar DOES NOT take his swing...my clock is at :00...and I have waited for well over 30 seconds...and nothing ever happened !!! then all of a sudden my screen goes to that 'Unexpected Error' screen !!! But does not display 'Unexpected Error' >>> Instead it just goes to the main menu...and then it pops on to the 'continuation screen' >>>but says that I forfeited the match...and to make matters worst...it is my first game of 'MY NEW GOLF DAY' !!!  So now I wasted all that time on a round of golf that was a decent round...and lost xp points (for the moment) until I rejoin another group !!! (and hopefully we will be able to finish that round)!! All because WGT put some BS Disconnection percentage rating which in reality>>>AIN'T GONNA DO A THING TO QUITTERS !!!  BUT YET MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE MY SOLUTION TO BE TOO HARSH AND MEAN AND UNFAIR !!! BUT SO FAR I FIND THAT THE NON-QUITTER(S) AND THOSE THAT MAKE PURCHASES ARE THE ONES GETTING TREATED HARSHLY AND UNFAIR !!!  WGT>>FORGET ABOUT THIS DISCONNECTION PERCENTAGE BS>>>AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT !!! DROP QUITTERS ONE LEVEL DOWN EACH TIME THEY QUIT (THAT'S #1) THEN #2 ALSO IF THEY DROP DOWN BELOW A CERTAIN PIECE OF EQUIPMENT LEVEL THEN AT THAT TIME THEY CAN NO LONGER USE THAT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT UNTIL THEY GET BACK UP TO THE PROPER LEVEL WHERE IT CAN BE USED !!! AND FINALLY WITH THAT TYPE OF PENALTY IMPOSED OTHERS WOULDN'T CARE IF A PERSON QUITS BECAUSE EVENTUALLY IF THEY QUIT ENOUGH THEY WILL BE AT A 'LEGEND' TIER...BUT IF THEY ARE WAY BACK ON LEVEL 30 THEY CAN ONLY USE EQUIPMENT THAT IS AVAILABLE TO ANY AND EVERY ONE BETWEEN THE LEVELS OF 1 THROUGH 30...BUT YET STILL HAVE TO PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS AS A 'LEGEND' TIER PLAYER !!! THEN YOU CAN RETURN THE GAME TO HOW IT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO !!! TO WHERE WE COULD AT LEAST GET THROUGH A ROUND OF GOLF WITHOUT ALL THIS 'BS' THAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW !!! I HAVE PAID TOO MUCH MONEY...AND I HAVE ALSO PLAYED FOR 311 CONSECUTIVE DAYS PLAYED !!! SO STOP KILLING THE GAME FOR THE PLAYERS AND START KILLING THE LEVELS AND EQUIPMENT AVAILABILITY  FOR THE QUITTERS!! >>>T R U S T   M E !!!  THAT WILL PUT AN END TO MOST  >>>Q U I T T E R S !!!

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:46 PM

This is going to be their worst addition to date. It lowers your percentage even if its the other team forfeiting. Even if its just a disconnection on wgt fault, we get penalized. Even if flash crashed. So this does nothing at all to people that just quits. It to every single thing the game ends. Unexpected Error we still get docked on percentage.

I see other posts saying if you wait the whole 5 minutes you won't get penalized for the person that did leave. That is not true if every single person gets kicked, and gets an unexpected error. I have had quite a few of those you can't do anything about. Its is not flash, because it happens even with the best flash version. I use the 10.3 version in firefox and it does it. So you get penalized for nothing you can control. Can't get back in the game until time runs out and you find out either your team or other team ran out of time to reconnect and being penalized on percentage.

If your at 100% it won't last with unexpected errors.

• maitaimik
    38 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:32 PM

dolfan13net:

I agree ... I hate quitters also. But you should get a couple free passes a month. Being stuck playing with someone for 18 holes and they are being jerks or playing very slowly sucks.  Also today I was @ 100%  played an alt shot game were the opposing team  forfeited and my % dropped to 97%? must be a bug.

You're lucky m8 - I just finished 9 holes after another players disconnect issues - I holed out on 9 and waited to get back to the lobby - the old favorite message appeared - There has been an error please close the window.

I did so and when I reopened it, the message was - I had failed to complete the round - I'm still laughing my ass off at WGT and their ham-fisted admin of this game.

RSS