Forums

Help › Forums

Quitter Re: percentages

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:42 PM (28 replies)
  • Patlacy
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:14 PM

Having the other players having to wait 5 minutes in stroke play is wrong.  Most of us getting tired of waiting and disconnect which lowers our completed game %.  Let the person who disconnects suffer not the players who want to continue!

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:02 PM

This feature was poorly thought out and poorly implemented.

In its current form, its a griefer's dream. Wasting 5 minutes of up to 3 other people's lives.

More good intentions paving the road to hell,

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:05 PM

spraypantscorona:

Here   here i agree  totally , i liked it the old way this   BS  . Like the other day playing a Master  looked at his stats , he only had 78  ranked rounds . we ALL  know this guy quit most of his games , and now this 5 min bull ,  come on wgt  we PAY  MONEY  to play here .  You guys screwed up a good thing

we don't in fact know that he quit most of his games. many players here do not play ranked stroke ON PURPOSE, because there is no requirement to do so. Guys like this just like to hit from the front tees using good gear and putting on very fast green. You know, to show you how superior they are.

• Mechbook7
    50 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:55 AM

Thank you for your sentiment for this game.   And thank you for echoing the sentiment of most people who play here.  As another disabled person who cannot play "real golf" I find this game very cathartic. 

• Lexdyslic
    66 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:43 AM

This was designed to help stop games freezing up when quitters left. Now quitters have the last laugh, because now hen they leave. they know they have 2-3 non quitters sitting around for 5 minutes, then getting unexpected ( highly expected more like it) errors. 

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:24 AM

Again, this is a trial experiment in response to overwhelming player requests.  WGT only gave us what we asked them to try.

Like uneven lies, it will be tweaked going forward.  Yes, it's unfortunate that a player can quit, and eventually the others quit, too....ruining everyone's percentage.  

But, I'm hopeful there will be a fix for that at some point.

The quitting percentage feature is a potentially valuable tool if adjusted correctly.

• Santantonio
    59 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:47 PM

Choppography:

Again, this is a trial experiment in response to overwhelming player requests.  WGT only gave us what we asked them to try.

Like uneven lies, it will be tweaked going forward.  Yes, it's unfortunate that a player can quit, and eventually the others quit, too....ruining everyone's percentage.  

The quitting percentage feature is a potentially valuable tool if adjusted correctly.

+1

• mike2us
    10 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:17 PM

I would like to know why I'm being penalized in AS when I'm not the one disconnecting.

Pretty frustrating to play and go from 97% to 90 % when your partner disconnects on you.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:39 PM

Choppography:

+2

• spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:59 PM

What abou the  Reputation thing that,s been there forever , and NEVER shows any thing come on WGT get your  S  together

RSS