Forums

Help › Forums

Some suggestions.

Sat, Sep 8 2012 7:54 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • viciii3
    766 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:08 PM

1. When people disconnect...is my % of diconnects listed because someone ELSE disconnected...? A person disconnecting should not affect MY percentage.

2. Starting an online game should give the option of choosing people who who have a low disconnect potential. You should have the ability to pick people with a quality connection. Sorry, guys and gals, but the last 5 MP games I've played went to crap.

3. It would be helpful to play a MP game, with chosen members, in a "training" mode. We could see their club selection, their aiming and swing. I think this would be helpful to other mambers as a training tool. Yes, it would have to be with people who ACCEPT the "training" mode.

So far, I am happy with WGT...but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. The biggest thing, at this point, is why people people are disconnecting during an MP game. I DO understand that this is probably something you have no control over...but I don't KNOW that...can anything be done on your end? If not...if it's all related to the user's ISP,,,then I return you to point #2...give us the option of starting an MP game with people who do not disconnetct. regularly.

I don't pretend to understand this stuff...just making some (hopefully) helpfull observations.

Vic

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:44 PM

4. When doing the "reconnect" screen, it would be beneficial to know when someone has given up and is not interested in reconnecting...rather than wait the entire 5 minutes just to find out the people you are waiting on have given up.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:30 PM

1) This feature has been running for 2 days, give them a chance to improve things.

2)You can.

3) You can play in practice mode.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 10:06 AM

Thanks Piztaker. I was not aware that "practice" mode would do all those things. As far as selecting only people with low disconnects...I'll have to look at that...I'm not aware of that ability.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 7:28 PM

I'm sorry but you are incorrect. Playing in "Practice" mode does not allow you to see the other players club selection, swing strength or meter, as I was asking about.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 7:30 PM

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect...I am being penalized for any game in which ANYONE disconnects.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 7:32 PM

How do you disallow someone when they have a poor "dropped connection" percentage when starting a game? I do not see that ability anywhere?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 5:59 AM

The player creating a MP game has the right to exclude ("cancel"?) the others before starting the game.

• littledevil49
    26 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 7:27 AM

my percentage is also affective when someone else disconnects or quits in the middle of a game. i cant finish the game on my own so i have to quit. whats going on? i know one thing, my percentage is now down at 73% because of that and when i can finish a game , my percentage doesnt go back up, on continues to drop.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 7:46 AM

littledevil49:

when someone else disconnects or quits in the middle of a game. i cant finish the game on my own so i have to quit.

You can finish the game. You don't have to quit.

• PAGES
RSS