Help › Forums

If you can remember the 60s then you weren't there

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 10 2012 6:05 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:55 PM

Hey, flower children of yesteryear. . .Senior Citizens is the country club for you. Request an invite here or apply directly from the list of country clubs.  

Hope to see you on the fairways and greens.

--Martin the nap taker, the taker of naps

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:46 PM

I was there, craziest 3 days of August I have ever had. I was 17, a Pennsylvania hillbilly. I had never seen anyone smoke pot, or some of the other going ons. 3 friends of mine and me heard about it and decided to go check it out. Cost me my ass and my car for my whole senior year. The old marine corp gunney whooped  my ass and took my 63 Impala SS away, and it was my car, he didn't have a cent invested. Cocker was great, Sha Na Na, Joplin was ugly as the bottom of a scab, but she could wail. Hendrix was the man. The rain made a mess but was no problem, lots of fun watching the girls wash the mud off, no shyness at all. Damn the days of peace and love, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD? Sitting her listening to the 50's and 60's on Sirius as I type. Till this day I have never smoked a joint or done any other drugs. Drank enough beer to float an aircraft carrier though. Long live the 60's, got my first car, cut my first slice, and a million other memories.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 1:00 PM

Wow, no body cares about the 60's, how dissapointing. I remember Hendrix with a 12 string.

• BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 1:56 PM

renniw52:

Wow, no body cares about the 60's, how dissapointing.

As long as one person enjoyed the video then that is enough for me.  I am glad it brought back memories for you.

Regards

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 3:08 PM

I was a young pup, but had older cousins and neighbors...Jimi has been with me for 40+ years, Janis, Jimi...and who else?  Passed at 27? I think it was?

Ren will know.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 3:22 PM

I missed this thread ,  I still have some LP,s from then , and a few of them Fancy 8 tracks from the 70,s . And the reason I dont remember some of that time in my life ,

One to many Trips with out leaving the Farm ,,  Wink , wink .

OPY

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 4:01 PM

renniw52:

Wow, no body cares about the 60's, how dissapointing. I remember Hendrix with a 12 string.

The best left handed guitar player ever!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 5:16 PM

Well I just played that video and it sounds just like the ring tone on my cell phone.  That's because it is the ring tone on my cell phone. The class of 68.  What a time.  Assassinations of MLK, then RFK. Anti War protest, Viet Nam, Civil Rights, and then 3 days in the summer of 69 that should never be forgotten. At a farm in Woodstock.  No I wasn't there.  By then I was in the military.  But the music brings me back to a time that shaped my life. We had just put a man on the moon WOW .  Thanks for putting that video up here.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:30 PM

Hey MB, Jim Morrison of the Doors died at 27, heroin overdose, dead in a bathtub in Paris. Come on Baby Light My Fire, put his out. Damn shame. Good to see some old folks chiming in, let's not forget these people. You could understand every word they sang.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:58 PM

Class of '69 when MacArthur's Park in LA was Timothy Leary heaven-tune in, turn on and drop out. Iron Butterfly, Cream, The Doors, Grand Funk Railroad and all the rest in an awesome double wide, fake alligator 8 track case in the '64 GTO, cruising Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday nights, 5 light color bar flashing to the tunes blasting the 4 speakers, loving life. :-)

**Stephen King short story worth finding. "You know, they have a hell of a band."

• PAGES
RSS