rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:15 AM (116 replies)
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:15 AM

sardono:

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:
    So don't try to tell us, the ones that are encountering these WGT glitches, that the system works great and it is our systems.

Why, then, are there players that have zero problems? I don't have 1/2 the system many here have, just your basic 4 year old laptop, and I don't experience any of what goes on here. A lot of the time I have to create the situation to understand what players are going through so to help them. Invariably, it comes down to the machine or the setup.

ISP inconsistency is turning out to be the biggest butt ache around and probably causing the majority of connection issues.

I am one of the gifted few without these connection / ISP / hardware problems.

True I know a bit about systems as I still build my own desktop systems, and still play on the desktop the most but also play on a hdx1160us HP laptop wirelessly with a wireless mouse without any problems. I'm using Mathon3 on the desktop and comodo dragon on the laptop. Both are this game only dedicated browsers.

I have not had 1 problem since this was implemented. I still play only with my friends or friends of friends. So I don't get to experience the pleasure of the lobby, or the quitting. When we are short a player, and we decide to go to the lobby, we call it playing lotto. The chances of us finishing are the same as winning the lottery. 

Even more than that I want to know if you do have problems!

I don't care the reason you cannot finish, just that you don't. 

Don't care if it's on purpose or ISP / hardware / software related.

Take away the % and you are just begging for the quitters to get the flawed system back so they can play it. Just like they did before.

If you are having problems with your connection, call your ISP and have them fix it. If your having hardware / software problems. Take it to a geek and have them fix it.

I am soooooooooooo tired of all the whinner's on here, it's not my fault, YES it is.

Fix  your problems, don't use me as a lottery entrant to your lotto problems. If your a quitter, good then the system works just like it's supposed to and tells me so. 

No it isn't.... You want to take poll of players having vs those not having problems? Granted I consider a lot of what repeatedly put as whining too on stupid crap and a lot of computers need help.  I mostly play with friends and what we have encountered over the past week vs the past is vastly different and frustrating. I have worked in the computer industry, on computers & with software for 36 years so don't give me the take it to a geek crap, I am the geek complete with with Microsoft Certs, degrees  Etc.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:28 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    Ok tell me ...Why then did I and a lot of others have hardly any problems until the recent changes?...

Flash, Flash and Flash. You know that very well. Why didn't I see any of the troubles?--it's called a stable, dedicated browser with the Flash version that never gets updated, that's why.

Just for S&Gs I clicked on the Iron browser button that I haven't used in a year and a half  and the game plays as flawlessly in that as it does in CD. That Flash version is 11.2.202.233!!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:51 AM

FLASH FLASH and FLASH... is not causing the inability to continue with a game if there is a disconnect or the error messages of forfeit when no one has remotely disconnected 3 times and the green error screen and subsequent  forfeit notice that's popping up after completed game play.  Those are intermittent code errors rearing their head that is coming from wgt not from someones flash or if they aren't using a dedicated browser and older flash, you should surely know that also.

If it were my computer causing the disconnects then sure I know it would be my ISP or internet, but I am dealing with issues that I am not the one causing the disconnects  but dealing with the after effects. Provide me with proof I'm wrong on these issues, that also it is my computer causing them and I'll be the first to stand corrected.  Let someone from wgt address these particular nagging issues and tell us it is coming from our computers and not them.. At least we would have it from the horses mouth instead of inaccurate assumptions of others. Those are my complaints not the stupid percent, flash and other crap.

I fixed my flash issues back in the beginning with no further glitches.

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:25 AM

Oldbayrunner:

No it isn't.... You want to take poll of players having vs those not having problems? Granted I consider a lot of what repeatedly put as whining too on stupid crap and a lot of computers need help.  I mostly play with friends and what we have encountered over the past week vs the past is vastly different and frustrating. I have worked in the computer industry, on computers & with software for 36 years so don't give me the take it to a geek crap, I am the geek complete with with Microsoft Certs, degrees  Etc.

OK Mr. 36yrs I'm gonna throw certs in your face geek.

On which MP games are you having problems, 1, all?

What is the pattern, can you repeat it every time at the same place?

Are your friends having the same problems at the same time?

If so if you switch friends does the problem repeat?

If you play with less than 4 does the problem repeat?

Is the problem happening with a single friend all the time, or 2 of 4, 3 of 4?

If you took your exceptionally well tweaked, supercharged, cert verified, better than anyone else's PC to a different location, can you repeat it there?

Shall I go on or do you see a pattern here?

Just a wanna be as good as you geek.

• hoobiethehacker
    146 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:26 AM

I too am getting disgusted with the inability of WGT to get their act together!  

I have NEVER quit a round, and to see my % drop because of a persistent WGT problem (which is also a joke)  irritates me to no end.

Went recently to Cabo, paid my credits, and, guess what?  60 credits down the tubes!  Worse yet, WGT blames us.  All four that were at Cabo tried repeatedly to rejoin, to no avail.

The most annoying aspect?  The strokes that are subtracted as I play the round.  WGT has NO problem taking my ball out of play, even when I cannot complete a round.

I have become disheartened with the quality of the WGT website in general over the last month.  70% of the time, the website kicks me off, then blames me!?

Whatever they have done, they need to undo!

And yes, I too am a Geek, so mister Rocket scientist, explain this!

• claystone
    7 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:47 AM

When I finish a game to the end without winning and go to continue another it says that I lost my last game because I forfieted even though I never. And If I win it reads I won after my apponents forfieted ??

• dufferdanno
    2 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:55 AM

YES get rid of it now.. refering to the 5 min wait period for disconnects or quiters...  i find myself now waiting longer than i play for people who can't make up their mind wether to play or not or loading issues or just plain quiters.  i have got to the point where i no longer have the patience for this kind of b.s.  i just want to play !!!   i personally didn"t mind the other way if i had to finish a game by myself, hell it went faster- i got my points faster and stress free..  you wait and wait this way with no  guarantee that the people will come back, the other players will not quit during this time and make your wait even longer or of the game loading properly and you being able to continue your game. so there for i am at a happy 73 % and getting a little more play time because of it...   AM I WRONG..   nope... cheers wgt its a great game try not to over regulate it..

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:56 AM

sardono:

Oldbayrunner:

OK Mr. 36yrs I'm gonna throw certs in your face geek.

On which MP games are you having problems, 1, all?

What is the pattern, can you repeat it every time at the same place?

Are your friends having the same problems at the same time?

If so if you switch friends does the problem repeat?

If you play with less than 4 does the problem repeat?

Is the problem happening with a single friend all the time, or 2 of 4, 3 of 4?

If you took your exceptionally well tweaked, supercharged, cert verified, better than anyone else's PC to a different location, can you repeat it there?

Shall I go on or do you see a pattern here?

Just a wanna be as good as you geek.

What part of my next post didn't you get that it is not my computer causing the disconnects but I am dealing with the same problems others are encountering with the result of 1 or more that have disconnected. Or the new glitch that is coming up after the game has ended, here again not a problem of my ISP or internet but coding errors in wgt. Not one time playing on wgt has my computer caused a game to get disconnected. If it were my computer disconnecting than it would be an ISP or internet glitch on my part. So all of your questions leading to and trying to prove my having an ISP internet problem are pointless and a moot point given the circumstances. Granted the person(s) repeatedly  causing the disconnect should have either their computer or internet looked at but the resulted  effects and errors that are being caused by wgt are the problems that need to be looked at and ironed out by wgt.

So your condescending demeanor can shine elsewhere. Try really looking at what problems people are saying they are having with the game and try to understand instead of copping a holier than thou attitude and laying blame because you aren't. My point was that not all players having these problems are their computers fault as you sanctimoniously indicated it is. Count your blessings.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 12:29 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    What part of my next post didn't you get that it is not my computer causing the disconnects

Time out here. I think we're in 2 different churches. I'm associating what you're saying with the statement you made about "since the update" and assuming you were drawing a relate to the disconnect and those problems. Apparently that's not your intent. 

The in game bugs that cause the disconnects have been here since multi player started. IMO, it doesn't have to do with coding but with ISP and server relationships. The game is just reacting with canned screens and messages. Unfortunately, WGT is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 12:41 PM

LOL YJ ... I believe I said since the "recent changes" , which were updates, meaning the the new adds to the game. Prior to that I encountered a few game glitches of this nature occasionally but since then it has been a lot and severely recurring plus some new added ones that are driving people nuts. Just plain weird stuff. You have a great point on their ISP and server relationships.. Thanks for mentioning that.

RSS