Forums

Help › Forums

What do I have to do in order to putt again since reaching Legend?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 16 2012 1:40 PM (41 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:16 AM

canuck4everr:
    whats VEM and  no DL ?

Virtual Equipment Model. Download.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:55 AM

club578:
    hey wgt i just played a game and 1player left waited 5 min and gae never came back for me and 1 other player

^^^^ D*CK..why on Earth would you post that comment here ???..Andy

• mulfreak
    25 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:56 AM

I like the game.  With the New England winter on it's way,something to do.  As your a legend maybe you can help me.  I'm thinking of throwing $20 into credit's.  Just to see where it gets me.  New clubs?  The ones I have seem to work fine.  I got some new ball's recently and I really can't tell the differance although I am playing better.  Will I always be tee-ing off from the reds?  I usually play every day.  Maybe only 2 holes maybe 10 and always finish the round.  If I was to enter any of these touraments in the future would I be able to play as I do now.

• kcalw
    152 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:47 PM

This may not be the proper place to post this but then again....

One of the problems with advancing tier levels is  the way wgt calculates the average.

When you shoot around that would raise your average that round is not counted. This leads to an inaccurate assessment of how good a golfer you are. For example; for every round that I shoot below 63 I will shoot 10 rounds above 67 but the above 63 rounds are not counted and only the 63 or lower are counted.  This makes me look like a better golfer than I actually am and places me in a higher tier level than I should or at least before Iam actually qualified to be there.

I understand the reason for this is to keep people from sandbagging but it does cause the rest of us honest golfers a lot of frustration by advancing us in tiers before we are actually ready.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:08 PM

Once you reach Legend, chances are very good that you will not quit. You will continue to buy the best balls, equipment, and whatever. You are established in a CC or have made so many friends, that you don't want to lose them. WGT know this, it is their business($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) plan, and it is working. They will continue to make changes, adjustments, or little deviations that will make you want to keep trying to beat. You will keep spending your money to adjust to the changes. Think about it, what a brilliant plan the founders of this game had. We are all a bunch of damn fools, but we are having fun, and have made some great new friends. I'm hanging around because I have nothing better to entertain me at night. Love my friends, hate the game, it all works out in the end. I have played enough on here now to be totally convinced, that the players that constantly shoot in the low 20's and low 50's have a little help. This game is not naturally set up to do that every round. I will not make any accusations, or even try to think it out, but, there are millions of players on here, many I am sure that are way smarter than me. After a thousand rounds or more, if the game can be done without some kind of extra help, we would all be shooting in the low 20's and 50's. We all see those scores, and think we can do them too. That's where the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ come in. Ever notice that all the ones who shoot those low scores constantly, are not the ones that say anything in the forums?????????  Just my take on it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:54 PM

Way to throw your stinky, whining, wet blanket on a decent discussion, renniw. Take it someplace where somebody gives a rat's behind.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:06 PM

I think the OP asks a great question & I'm not sure I know the answer. Some real good suggestions have already been posted.

If you want my 2 cents, I can't see why you are not getting it closer to the hole. YOu have outstanding equipment and I think maybe trying to get better at getting the ball closer to the hole will really help of course & that's just a matter of practice.

Personally, I own every putter for my level & I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but I can only  drain these hard Oakmont putts,for instance, with a level 19 Spider. lol

It has a real slow meter for feeble old farts like me & allows me to hit these short sharp breaking putts with more force & confidence.

It's not a solution for me to keep using this level19 Spider. I am trying to get used to the Daytona Rossa. I can't stand that Nike you are useing idk.

But I am not the putter that like to ding too many putts, I like to work this putter(hit it off the toe or heel).

Someone suggested using the higher scale on the putter for shorter putt & hit them firmer & I think that's a good suggestion.

Just some thoughts.

Hope you get to knockin it in soon.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:18 AM

YJ, I think you took my comments wrong. I was saying that WGT is constantly challenging us as we move up. We see low scores, and will do whatever we have to, trying to shoot these scores. That usually means spending money for better equipment. Regarding extra help, I never said anything about any kind of programs or illegal help. These top players have charts and graphs, and thousands of notes that the average player doesn't use. That is why the majority of us will not reach that level. The OP noticed changes and inconsistencies since making Legend. These have been here all along, but seem to be more frequent at the higher levels. Fact is fact. The same shot, whether a putt, chip, flop, whatever can react totally different from one round to the next. I too, find this difficult to memorize and execute with the inconsistencies we so often see. I'm sure the players who always post low 20's and low 50's, have shot many, many rounds that were higher. They just don't post them or complain about them in the forums. All I was saying. Sorry you saw it as more than it was.

RSS