Forums

Help › Forums

WHY? WHY? WHY?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:45 AM (9 replies)
  • SteLennard
    25 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:44 AM

We've all been there, imagine the scene... you're having one of your best rounds ever. Maybe 5/6 under par you hit a great 3 iron in and your ball just trickles past the pin to the edge of the green. Decision time do I chip or do I putt? I'll chip, no I'll putt it's only 18 ft away, very little slope I should be 7 under after this one. Easy now not to hard .....Clunk.    B- ST- -D ! !   You didn't change your putting meter and your ball is now 70yds down the fairway heading for the deepest bunker on the friggin course. Why does it automatically default to the highest distance on the meter on the fringe?? Why not the shortest?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 8:11 AM

DELILAH!!! 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 8:13 AM

I find it quite useful as the game doesn't always tell you if you are in rough, fringe or green. If you see it says 100, you know it's fringe.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:17 AM

SteLennard:
      B- ST- -D ! !   You didn't change your putting meter and your ball is now 70yds down the fairway heading for the deepest bunker on the friggin course. Why does it automatically default to the highest distance on the meter on the fringe?? Why not the shortest?

Lmao,we've all done it/still do.Try getting into a routine --Reverse view,flag out,calculate distance,read break,PUTTER LENGTH,pull back meter & clunck..in the hole !! (hopefully)...or however you get ready to putt...Andy

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM

Man, they did the Boogaloo to that song? lol Man that was a cool time to live. 55 Chevys, the Beatles, Tom Jones. What HUNK that guy is/was. Him and Engleburt ruled!!!

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:31 AM

Most putts on the fringe are set to 100. WHY WHY WHY? I DON"T KNOW KNOW KNOW~! 

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHA sorry.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 8:38 AM

piztaker:

I find it quite useful as the game doesn't always tell you if you are in rough, fringe or green. If you see it says 100, you know it's fringe.

All part of your preshot routine... lie, distance, club, read the green, wind.  Seeing that long meter verifies that you're not on the green.  Switch to your short meter, add 3 feet to the distance (to allow for the fringe)  read the green and you're good to go.

Another giveaway that you're on the long meter is Avatar Movements.  Not everyone uses them, but those that do will notice right away they're not using the correct range putter.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2012 5:00 PM
    This post has been deleted.
RSS