Forums

Help › Forums

Hello all

Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:53 AM (3 replies)
  • hoppernolan
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2012 4:14 PM

My name is ciaran but my friends call me hopper new to the game and am looking to join a country club if any one can help thanks 

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:53 PM

Keep at it - Hack need a home too !

I would suggest mine but I make it a point to be sure people are enthusiastic enough to continue before inviting them in.

By that I mean put some scores on the board, improve the average and reach amateur status before worrying about CC's.

That shows your enthusiasm for the game. Without other hacks in the club it makes competing in club tournaments almost a never win situation which leads to frustration.

So go for it matey and soon you will find yourself a home.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:40 AM

Hi Hopper and welcome to the game. I too would recommend playing as much as you can, get the average down by playing ranked rounds before joining a CC. However some of the larger clubs have all tiers so look around.

Most important enjoy the game.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:53 AM

Hi Hopper, with your friends calling you Hopper, im guessing your in Dublin, lol. Im in Phibs Dublin mate. As said above, try and keep to playing regularly, and play ranked rounds to get your average down. When people see you are enthusiastic about the game, it will be easy to get into a country club. 

RSS