Forums

Help › Forums

When is the last time you scored a shot limit ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:58 AM (7 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:04 PM

Man just could not get out of that 70% rough on hole 2 at Bethpage. Still finished 9 holes at +2 but was just wondering when is the last time you scored a 10 in a ranked round ?

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:32 PM

I score ten curses almost every round.....

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:14 AM

pjctas0822:

....when is the last time you scored a 10 in a ranked round ?

A long, long time ago, probably during my first week here 3 years ago. (although if the current implementation of uneven lies were available in ranked rounds, then I'd say during the last month!)

Someone gave this tip back then.  Use a punch shot out of that 60-70% rough or Lt. Brush and aim sideways towards some better lie. Here are 2 examples from BPB #2.

punch 8I out of 60-70 rough

punch 90yd wedge out of 60-70 Lt Brush

• barbarella24
    513 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:41 AM

Just recently I hit a maximum on Olympic. Was playing in a group and I was the highest tiered player...Hit a tree off drive, got stuck in 90% rough and could only hit it a few yards into 70-80 rough. From there got to the fairway but a long way back from the green. Hit 3 wood trying to get as close as possible but hit an invisible (?) branch back into the deep stuff, 70-80, thinking I could run it onto the green only to hit another branch. Punched out to the fairway but ran into a bunker. Eventually got on the green but ran out of strokes before getting in the hole. Really should of been 11 but luckily only posted a 10 lol

Finished the 9 holes with 40 strokes...not bad considering :)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:02 AM

barbarella24:

Just recently I hit a maximum on Olympic. Was playing in a group and I was the highest tiered player...Hit a tree off drive, got stuck in 90% rough and could only hit it a few yards into 70-80 rough. From there got to the fairway but a long way back from the green. Hit 3 wood trying to get as close as possible but hit an invisible (?) branch back into the deep stuff, 70-80, thinking I could run it onto the green only to hit another branch. Punched out to the fairway but ran into a bunker. Eventually got on the green but ran out of strokes before getting in the hole. Really should of been 11 but luckily only posted a 10 lol

Finished the 9 holes with 40 strokes...not bad considering :)

Yeah frustrating isnt it? Thank goodness there is a shot limit or I would still be playing that hole lmfao.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:10 AM

Couple months back...............there's a trap somewhere on St. Andys that absolutely won't release the ball until you play backwards.  That 10 really hurt, but unlike many of the douches here......

I STILL DIDNT QUIT ON MY PLAYING PARTNERS!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:26 AM

Choppography:
    ...there's a trap somewhere on St. Andys that absolutely won't release the ball until you play backwards.

LOL. Every one of them if you're jammed up against the wall. I can't imagine it taking more than one or two strokes to figure this out.  :-)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:58 AM

pjctas0822:

When is the last time you scored a 10 in a ranked round?

In WGT, maybe never, although if they roll out the uneven lies for good that will certainly change. In real life, I regularly crank out one of those scores that I call a Louie ... that's where you've got your scorecard out and you're saying, "Let's see ... that was the 12th, that was the 13th..." 

RSS