Forums

Help › Forums

Out of Trouble

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:55 AM (3 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:16 AM

Every once in a while we hit the ball into 40-50 or 50-60% rough.  From experience in playing real golf, I know to take my lumps in get it back in play and think of it as a penalty stroke.  One problem tho, it's almost impossible to even get it back in play and it usually takes 2 or 3 strokes to do it (Even hitting sideways or backwards).  I'd even declare the ball unplayable if I could.

Have any of you long time players found a way to get back to the fairway on the first try?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:54 AM

gerryniswonger:

Every once in a while we hit the ball into 40-50 or 50-60% rough.  From experience in playing real golf, I know to take my lumps in get it back in play and think of it as a penalty stroke.  One problem tho, it's almost impossible to even get it back in play and it usually takes 2 or 3 strokes to do it (Even hitting sideways or backwards).  I'd even declare the ball unplayable if I could.

Have any of you long time players found a way to get back to the fairway on the first try?

I don't usually have an issue, club down to a wedge, and hit out to the fairway.

Cheers,

b0gey

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:01 AM

I use a punch shot allot out of the tall stuff,, 

Ron

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:55 AM

hi

generally speaking, you would hit a wedge or 8 or 9 iron while using punch option and then play for par :)

-wgticon

RSS