Forums

Help › Forums

DONE!!!!!!!

Thu, Oct 4 2012 2:45 AM (7 replies)
  • bnoahx9772
    10 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:18 AM

I have HAD it WGT!!!!!! I absolutely love this game, but the meter has gotten so bad, (and it's not in my computer) I can't be consistent as I have done in the past that has gotten me to a Tour Master level. I feel like I have spent a considerable amount of money on this site, and it seems like I do pretty good soon after I buy either some MORE new balls or new equipment. But, eventually I start having problems with normal shot calculations or the meter just starts glitching right when I try to hit the ding.  What ever is going on, whether it be your website being updated, or you have put some kind of filters on me, I WILL not be subjected to it!!! I have decided to take a long break, and maybe in a few weeks, I will re-evaluate the situation and decide whether or not to move on to a different golf site or come back to WGT. But, at this point I just cannot stand the frustration any longer! GOODBYE WGT!!!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:34 AM

Take a little break, I went a week or more, came back and the game was smooth as silk (for 2 days). Then the strange happenings began again. Took another week, came back and started shooting 30 again. This also lasted 2 days. Last night was terrible. I have no idea what is causing this, I have several friends who say the game is working great, and a few who are having problems with meter and distances. These folks are Legends with a lot of time on here so I listen to all of them. Again, a little break always helps, don't throw in the towel.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:40 AM

It is your computer. Or your internet. Check your download speed and then try the Maxthon or Palemoon browser.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:12 AM

bnoahx9772:

I have decided to take a long break, and maybe in a few weeks, I will re-evaluate the situation and decide whether or not to move on to a different golf site or come back to WGT. But, at this point I just cannot stand the frustration any longer! GOODBYE WGT!!!

Not only I felt like taking a break before too, but I even wrote a letter to WGT requesting elimination of my account, all due to the exact problems you are mentioning. Stopped playing but kept reading posts on the subject with hope that those problems were fixed. The moment it seemed like that, I came back to find a very smooth experience of WGT again, like in the old days, after following certain advises that in my case worked out nicely :  I play with the Comodo Dragon browser, clean history completely every two or three days (Comodo cleans EVERYTHING, much better than any other browser I tried before) and learned how to exclude any other website from the storage manager of the Adobe Flash Player, leaving only the media5 from WGT and setting it's capability to the maximum.  So far, those actions fixed 97% of my previous problems.  If you already tried any or all of these procedures, then just disregard my feedback, but if on the other hand you haven't and want to try, but don't know how, so many players (maybe some already close friends to you) might help you with that. Good luck my friend and I hope you find a good WGT experience back again.

• bnoahx9772
    10 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:46 AM

Thanks to all of you for your kindly advice and suggestions. Maybe I will be back, and maybe I will move on for good. Only time will determine. Good luck and GG all!!!!

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 1:19 PM

bnoahx9772:
    Thanks to all of you for your kindly advice and suggestions.

Farewell friend, you will always have a home at WGT :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• inthedr1nk
    28 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 2:45 AM

Quijotazo:
     I play with the Comodo Dragon browser, clean history completely every two or three days (Comodo cleans EVERYTHING, much better than any other browser I tried before)

Quijotazo:
    !!!

Ever since I've started playing (august) I've played on Firefox. I always see people complain about their meter jumps and I've experienced it myself but I guess I learned to deal with it.  If i notice the meter jump ill lay off and swing again. But you mentioning comodo dragon has to be the best advice I've taken here. Thank you very much, I fell in love with this browser! I'll be movin up soon for sure :) I know WGT has it's issues but I've learned that patience is a virtue. Thanks for a great game WGT.

RSS