Forums

Help › Forums

Has Anyone Else Noticed A Difference?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:29 PM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:35 PM

When playing a tournament within your CC, the game seems to play different. My club distance seems to be off, the greens speeds are not what they say, the wind is not what it says. The reason I ask, is to hopefully prove I have not lost my mind. I will play a CC tourney and it all seems to be off. I will play a practice round for a few holes, set up with the same conditions as the tourney. All seems to be just fine, will be 2-3 under par after 5 holes or so. I will go back and play the tourney, and have a hard time hitting a fairway, always seems to just barely roll into the rough. I know that a 5.5 ft putt on tourney greens, no movement, will not stop .03 short when hit at 5 ft. I have tested this theory on 4 different courses. People who belong to a club want to participate in the club tourneys. I have noticed when doing so that I have way more hits per ball than if I am playing a single stroke round. I also lose more balls when playing CC tourneys. Just asking, to see if anyone else has ever noticed this.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:45 PM

Caddie # 3 syndrome Sir .

OPY

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 2:35 PM

Don't think so this time opy.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 2:43 PM

Me and you are like brothers Renniw. You get the exact same symptoms as i do, lol. Cant play a shot properly unless its practice myself, go figure.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:26 PM

No differences on my end,  I play equally sh...y  no matter what the format is lately.   But must say, that the last few rounds of multi player games have been quite fun no matter how many things went wrong.  

"Drink up and enjoy"

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:08 PM

hpurey:

No differences on my end,  I play equally sh...y  no matter what the format is lately.   But must say, that the last few rounds of multi player games have been quite fun no matter how many things went wrong.  

"Drink up and enjoy"

Lol, H ya nut!

I can say, I quit playing ranked rounds and practice rounds solo, just because I always scored better...maybe no pressure?  I dunno, but seems just playing RG's and CC Tourney's avg out about the same...so, IMO..no...they play the same.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:31 PM

Trying again tonight, playing a tourney at St. A. High winds, T greens, and medium pin placements. Game is so far off you cant't even guess how to make a shot, 180 iron with a 28 mph wind straight in the face goes almost 200 yards, it never hit the turf until 189 yards. My second shot on the first par 5, 17 mph wind again in the face, hit 3 wood, 245 to hole, ball hits the green and goes 308 yards into the fescue on the back. Now I am not a WGTgenius but this is tee total BULL$HIT. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:09 PM

I have so much to say, but im hoping i can make it back to say it after tonight's shambles. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:29 PM

Hate this game, just keeps biting me in the ass. 

RSS