Forums

Help › Forums

wgt is great, but spoiled by cheating

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:02 PM (9 replies)
  • ArtAcer
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 2:09 PM

I just started playing and have been steadily improving I shot a 44 in a tournament as a hack.  But I was beaten by a guy who shot a 30 and is an amateur, in fact just below him was a guy who shot a 31, and just joined this game a week ago?! 

I call cheat!!! What is WGT doing about this, because it really makes me want to stop playing the game.  I will do my part and report who I think is a cheater if someone tells me how...but it seems to be rampant...  Comments?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 3:48 PM

It's not really cheating, Art, it's called multiple IDs, basically as bad as cheating and hard to prove. Players get to a point in the game where the game gets harder than what they can handle so they establish a new ID and start over. This usually leads to them getting to a safe place, purposely staying there by controlling the average and then cleaning up on unsuspecting types such as yourself.

Multiple IDs have been a sore spot for everybody and WGT is scrambling trying to figure out a way to curb this. There's a few timid controls in place with more on the way. Things like tournament standings and Alternate Shot record (coming) will get factored into advancement where now they aren't and let players get away with major deceit. 

Yours is a particularly sad complaint because of your newness. It really throws a wet blanket over your own success but you can't dwell on it. Keep improving and enjoy the game, there's nothing you can do about the losers that do this.  GL

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 3:59 PM

i  agree with YJ,just play your best no matter ,you will find good players here ,good players are the one  ,with one account   and the majority play for fun  ,,,,no credits involved,     you cant trust  that no more :)

• ArtAcer
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 4:08 PM

Thank you YankeeJim for your explanation.  It's a bit hard to swallow, but I am glad to feel like now I have the facts.  Also, it´s good to read that something is being done about it. 

I appreciate your advice as well.  Thanks

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:53 PM

Sometimes YJ really makes a lot of sense, I agree 100%. Stay the course and ignore the scums on this game. You will have a good time and meet a lot of great people. Like Frappe, and yes YJ too.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:35 PM

renniw52:

Sometimes YJ really makes a lot of sense, I agree 100%. Stay the course and ignore the scums on this game. You will have a good time and meet a lot of great people. Like Frappe, and yes YJ too.

Over here lol A few trolls .....I like trolls especially the ones with the spiked hair-does.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:23 PM

May I suggest joining a good country club? One in your time zone would be best. That way you get lots of competitions and there'll be less chance of cheaters and quitters. But like the others say, don't worry too much about what others do, just look on this for what it is, a great golf game. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 3:41 AM

ArtAcer:
    I just started playing and have been steadily improving I shot a 44 in a tournament as a hack.  But I was beaten by a guy who shot a 30 and is an amateur, in fact just below him was a guy who shot a 31, and just joined this game a week ago?!
    Congrats for advancing to Amateur in the meantime!

Besides the subject of cheating with multiple accounts, there is nothing false for an amateur to be shown on the Hack leaderboard of a tiered tourney.

They and you started the tourney as Hacks (tier class) and you'll be eligible to play in this tourney under Hack conditions until it ends, regardless of changes in your tier. Today you also stand there as an Amateur and may continue to play there.

BTW: The best score in the Hack tier is 28 now, shot by an Amateur with a 62 average. Go figure!

That said, you might want to enter a Monthly with unlimited play, freezing the "Amateur" conditions and thus helping to drop your average if you decide so.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:00 AM

courteneyfish:
    May I suggest joining a good country club?

+1

Art-

Do as she suggests. CC's run their own tournaments that are only available to club members. But some of those players that shoot a 29 in their first week belong to cc's, so do your due diligence before deciding on a club.

Welcome to the game.

MC

• noreensmyth123
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:02 PM

if all us real players booycotted the site 4 a month gaurantee they'd do something about it

RSS