Help › Forums

Made it to Legend and lost interest.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:06 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Alan_M
    237 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 3:09 PM

I'm not sure if it's the removal of the goal of reaching Legend that's caused it or the difficulty I have getting a fair game.

I like the credit games, after all I've got this far without spending a single cent. But the only games I seem to be able to get now on Matchplay are 55 average Tour Legends or L80+ Masters fully equipped with R11's and Nikes.

I like matchplay and skins but it's being destroyed by sandbaggers for me.

I can't compete in the Ready Go's as the superstars tie them up at this level, so I'm in that horrible no mans land where the game seems to have lost it's fun edge. 

What do you do to keep your interest?

• steveshorses
    111 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 3:31 PM

c.c  and friends.  simple as that. not here to get rich just here for fun and friends

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 3:37 PM

Alan_M:
    What do you do to keep your interest?

I don't play for credits very often but I know what you mean about making Legend and then feeling like there is nothing else to play for.   

But once you start building up your friends list with other legends,  play with them so you don't have to worry about baggers.

I still have plenty of TM/and a few Master friends that I play alt shot with for the fun of it.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:07 AM

steveshorses:
    c.c  and friends.  simple as that. not here to get rich just here for fun and friends

x2

• Alan_M
    237 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:11 AM

Can I ask then if you guys pay to play if you're not playing for credits?

Part of the challenge for me was keeping it all free. The further back the tees get the harder that is to maintain.

I think the country club thing is something I've missed out on.

I have to admit the most fun I've had recently was an A/S game where my partner couldn't hit a barn door, we lost but it was fun. The trouble I find is the moment a "Legend" appears int he game most people run away.

Then there's the quitters that don't manage that Birdie Birdie Eagle start to every round.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 12:39 PM

Alan-

If you're here for fun, keep reading....if you're here to make money, go no further.

Alan_M:
    Can I ask then if you guys pay to play if you're not playing for credits?

No, I watch videos for credits and use them to enter a cc tourney, if there is a fee, and then gladly hand them over to the winner.

Alan_M:
    Part of the challenge for me was keeping it all free.

It is free, and there are lots of ways to earn views/credits without breaking out your credit card.

Alan_M:
    I think the country club thing is something I've missed out on.

No you didn't! Go to the top of the page and under the "WGT Community" section click "Country Clubs". There is also a "CC" section in the main forums. There are lots of cc's recruiting new members, join one....seriously, I think you'll enjoy the game more.

Alan_M:
    I have to admit the most fun I've had recently was an A/S game where my partner couldn't hit a barn door, we lost but it was fun.

I have to admit, I met my AS partner back in Dec. 2010 and we've played together almost every night since then and we've had a blast! Win/lose, we don't care, but we have fun, and it doesn't hurt that we now belong to the same cc (see the connection there?).

Alan_M:
    The trouble I find is the moment a "Legend" appears int he game most people run away.

Those people are doing themselves a disservice, eventually people are going to move up in tiers, so why not start to learn the tougher greens by playing with someone of a higher tier, it will only pay off in the long run.

Don't give up Alan, find a club (maybe the one I belong to) and settle in.

MC

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:41 PM

as the posters above said .. join a friendly CC .. i've joined a great CC filled with a bunch of nutty guys & it's great .. Skype chat with some of 'em while we play .. it's a blast

i also set new targets for myself to keep my interest going .. right now it's hitting sub 60 avg .. 

but u can't beat being involved in great country club ..

• Alan_M
    237 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:58 PM

Well country club it is, but how do I pick one?

I guess a UK club would be a good start as the time issue could be problem otherwise!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 2:04 PM

Alan_M:
    I guess a UK club would be a good start as the time issue could be problem otherwise!

Our cc is half this side of the pond, the other is over your way, and some all over. Do some research.

MC

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 3:38 PM

Alan_M:

Well country club it is, but how do I pick one?

English Lakes Country Club. It's where all the top Brits play :)

Just leave a message on this gentleman's wall saying you want in.

• PAGES
RSS