Help › Forums

Wanna play with a Legend ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:34 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:20 AM

There is nothing wrong with one’s longing for victory.  Our entire neuronal system receives a big reward full of delicious dopamine when we win a game, and it sure feels good.  But besides that rush of personal glorification, is there anything more valuable one can earn out of playing a game (unprofessionally) than learning new skills, sharing good manners, fellowship and good vibes ? 

Being a Legend today, I enjoy playing with any tier, as long as they understand that I really don’t care about defeating anyone.  I love to play with others and not against others.  So, despite your tier, if you ever get the chance to play with anyone with a higher rank than yours, just commit yourself to : 

1. Finish the game, specially if you are the host.

2. Be nice in the chat if you are the talkie type.

3. Celebrate others’ good performance; that builds good character.

4. Be humble in your small victories.

5. Be considerate in the use of time.

6. Clean your mind from scores.

7. And try to be simply nice

If you like to make a good impression, better stop thinking that only by winning games you will, because respect and admiration are always preceded by one’s common sense, character and consistent good behavior, way more than any meaningless victory. 

May everyone find the finest way to play with others.

AJ - Quijotazo

• discgolfer1961
    13 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:00 AM

very well said

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:18 AM

Great advice!  Now go whip somebodys azz~!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:05 AM

Great post Q. I tried several times last night to get an AS going. Had no luck with TM or higher. Tried Master and up, set on one game until it timed out with one master after another dropping as soon as they saw a Legend. If they only knew. Finally got a game with 3 masters and went to extra holes, I lost the game due to a couple bad shots. These guys were not baggers or multi's, we all played well and had a good time, they asked for advice and were very pleasant. This is what the game is all about.

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:36 AM

Many below TM are scared of tourney greens is what I have found out.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:56 AM

row2seat2:

Agree. We all felt that.  I am still trying to figure out champion greens as well. Anyway, we have to encourage ourselves to go for more.  Come on WGT do your worst !

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:59 AM

row2seat2:

Many above TM are scared of tourney greens too!!!

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:02 AM

I have never shied away from playing with upper tiers.  They have rarely been rude.  I have learned more about this game by playing with Master, TM's, and Legends than I ever could have by playing with myself (minds out of gutters).

I look to play with tiers that aren't as far along as I am now with the intention of giving back.....if they ask.

.....but I always try and win.  I'm here for the social aspect of the game.  I enjoy any good round, even if I get beat.  But, I'm trying to win.

But, another thing that is NOT coincidence.....I get more friend requests when I get my clock cleaned than when I do the beating.

Another top-notch post, Q.

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:26 AM

row2seat2:

I love tourney greens !

• 13liam666
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:45 AM

i play with upper tiers and get well beat up ---  at the same time have great banter -- if you talk to people like you would liked  to be talked to i find you get back the same back        

• PAGES
RSS