Forums

Help › Forums

Posting Habits

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:04 AM (1 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:45 AM

I've got beaten by the posting bug due to the past two months struggle provoked by the release of Adobe Flash Player version 11.3 and my urge for finding answers on fixing all the inconveniences suffered because of it.  Couldn't avoid to get through some post-readings around the forums and noticed all kinds of funny things around.

Some players are constantly focused on posting good advises.  Some are mostly into mere entertainment.  Some are just bugging around with great humor.  Some are genuinely asking for help, and some just want to complaint due to some disappointment caused by someone’s quit, WGT game error or some other issue. 

Since this is a freedom of speech ambiance facilitated by WGT with the obvious purpose of hearing (reading) us, checking our opinions and creating some sort of community, as an extra gift from this site, I think that we should try to watch very closely our posting habits, specially when unnecessary sarcasm takes place. 

Let’s just remember that one small match can start a big fire.  Sarcasm is not a good resource in the attempt to create good fellowship among players.  There is a big difference between sarcasm and great non-offensive humor, and that is TIMING

Let’s not forget that WGT is not exclusive only for US & European citizens.  Some of us are playing from other places (you can forget Costa Rica my country, since I am the only one I know so far on this site), and what could be a great joke for some, could have in itself some cultural gap or misunderstanding potential that could provoke WW-WGT (lol)

Better to laugh at oneself than at other's expense.  When you feel tempted to throw one of those brilliant lines of yours just keep in mind that you wouldn't like to be the duck of the party, specially after you posted asking for considerate help, getting back some cheap and tasteless clown act instead.

Still each one of us remains free to do as we know better.

AJ - Quijotazo

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:04 AM

Nice post Mr Q .  Thank you .

My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .

RSS