Forums

Help › Forums

Refuse to pay for new balls or equipment

Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:13 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Umpire28
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 8:27 AM

Due to the ridiculous and almost criminal way WTG charges for new balls and equipment, I will no longer participate in the creative way they have invented to make millions of dollars.  Three "virtual" balls cost more than three real ones and don't last as long as real balls.  On top of that, they take the ball from you if you hit it in the weeds, water, etc...

And we all know, it is nearly impossible to play this game with the free balls and clubs they give you.

It took me a while to realize how stupid this is but I finally realized that I was only supporting a company that has figured out how to easily take your money.

Therefore, I am done with this stupid game.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:47 PM

Umpire28:
    Due to the ridiculous and almost criminal way WTG charges for new balls and equipment, I will no longer participate in the creative way they have invented to make millions of dollars.

A bit harsh, imo.....Try buying something other than Max pro balls...?......Andy

• Cal1962
    5 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 2:39 PM

The gameis a piece of crap and annoyingly inconsistent.

Aim staight with a cross wind and the ball is blown into the rough.

Aim into the wind and t goes straight as an arrow...INTO the croswind.

Am straight on a put and the ball moves UPHILL.

Play a straight shot and the ball shanks 20 yrds off course.

***!!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:09 PM

If there is a small price to pay  to have fun  and try  to play well with all sorts of players i dont mind spending a bit of $$   .    i remember  at time long ago i would spend 100$  on stupidity ( i am sure some understand)   25$  every   months  i find this game fair ....Francois(Frapp)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 3:18 PM

Hey Ump, Yep they do make a profit, they are in business to do that.   Yep, if you want to play well, you do have to upgrade equipment and play with better balls...etc.

The bottom line of it, however, isn't what you spend but what you get back out of it.  I play for the fun I have with my friends on here and the challange of beating the course when/if I can.  For the hours that I log on this game, I can't think of one other thing that I could do with my spare time (retired guy here and I do have a lot of spare time) that in all reality costs so little.

still a lot of fun for the money but I do agree they could be a little less expensive!  Will that ever happen?  Nope!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:20 PM

You are in a position to earn free credits in order to play this game. Many of us as players take the time to do the videos and surveys. Also many of us have never spent 1 penny out of our pocket , to play. You too have this same wonderful option , to earn free credits. You have already invested too much to walk away now. If you bought your gear out of pocket + time spent playing , do the math. So take it on the chin and keep playing .You can get the Srixons lvl 11 for 180 credits. They play well and thats all that matters. Happy Swinging

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 6:14 PM

The "free" credits are not free. They require an investment of either time playing advertisements or money spent with other companies. It's up to each individual to determine whether or not they have the time/money to invest or if the return on that investment is worth it. Many people will say "No" and that is perfectly all right.

For me it has been worth it for the few games I play here. I take the time budgeted for this game and subtract the time spent running advertisements from that. The result is that I've been here over 5 years and have enough credits in the "bank" to play one game of some type for the next couple of years. All without playing a game for credits, playing any "entry fee" tournaments and not spending a dime out of my own pocket.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:04 PM

Cal1962:

The gameis a piece of crap and annoyingly inconsistent.

Aim staight with a cross wind and the ball is blown into the rough.

Aim into the wind and t goes straight as an arrow...INTO the croswind.

Am straight on a put and the ball moves UPHILL.

Play a straight shot and the ball shanks 20 yrds off course.

***!!

Cal .....DITCH THOSE EZ SWING CLUBS AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! 

Believe me, those clubs were never, EVER designed to shoot anything like a decent round. To be honest, I'm not sure why WGT ever came up with them in the first place. They say to give new players a chance to see how the game works, but giving newbs a baseball bat, a badmitton racquet, and a garden spade would do just as well. Those EZ's just let you set the power & hit, but you have absolutely no clue where the ball is going to go due to the total lack of precision.

Swap those out for the beginner or starter clubs... neither are great, but you should definitely see the ball going in the same county as where you aimed.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:29 PM

I never cease to be amazed why people come on hear to swear and cuss about the game, rather than ask for tips and general help.

• PAGES
RSS