Help › Forums

A game to tell

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:05 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • yobooya
    899 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:50 PM

Glad to hear there are others out here just in it for the fun and enjoyment.  Would like to play an AS with ya sometime.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:19 PM

Great post, nice to hear the positive side of the game rather than the usual knockers. I play a variety of games and 90% of the people I have played with are like the group you had. Occasionally you get the opposite - if that happens I make a point of not playng with them again. As in real golf, be competitive on the course, have a good laugh (often at my expense) shake hands at the end and have a beer or two at the 19th.

Blue skies and tailwinds, Alan

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:03 PM

Very nice post, this is what it's all about. If you are a well rounded person you can play this game for friendship, fun, & competition. Just have to be able to loose sometimes. But it really helps if your compassionate enough to help those who are still learning the game. I showed my friend on here how to play and he's  better at putting, well he is a lot younger and with better nerves...LOL

He just made Tour Pro today with my assist on his last shot (birdie) on the front nine of Beth-Page for a score of 34 

Then we had a couple of blitz games and basked in his spotlight of becoming Tour Pro.

And to think when I first introduced him to the game he would come this far due to lack of interest, but Friendship & having fun is what it's all about. And I am glad we can share that together, along with all of the other wonderful personalities I meet here on The Best Online Golf Game .......WGT !!!!

Thank You All  :)

Happy Golfing!

Joe

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:39 AM

PS. Nothing like good, entertaining and candid chatting while playing.  Check out what I learned from some crazy guy from Alabama today.  On the chat, while sharing a great time and hilarious jokes, he typed :

$$   =   ( .  Y  . )         followed by        $$   +   ( .  Y  . )    =     >:) __Io

Good day to all ;)

• Donnie73
    144 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 3:34 AM

I'm curious if you would agree on this subject Hyena.

I've read the forums and the majority of discussion seems to be complaints.  I would like an explanation why so many of the courses still continue with the same problems.  The distances are off on many of the courses, greens next to water pulls the ball towards and many times into the water, (to boost ball sales) the ding is tweaked so tight if you miss it by a papers width, the ball travels eight yards off the pin.  

Do employees of WGT actually play the game?  If they do, how can these problems still exist.  

Your customers are grown adults who have enjoyed this game for many years, but the recent changes over the last eight months have caused quite a bit of frustration.  

Rumor has it that WGT is being bought out by the PGA.  If this is true, perhaps this is the reason why WGT doesn't reply to many of the problems listed in the forums.  It appears WGT doesnt care about the people who have provided their paychecks. 

Fix the problems at hand and stop trying to bring all the supposed wonderful new options into the game.  Each time a new option is introduced, twice as many problems arise.  Each time I see Mr. WGT on the game, I wince wondering what is WGT going to mess up now.  

Lets us play the game and enjoy it.  The recent changes have just about destroyed the opportunity to continue playing.  The players are tired of losing balls and credits to the game.  We are adult enough to realize if we are the ones causing our frustration and we don't mind paying for supplies, but it is at the point that we are tired of spending money for inconsistencies from the game.  In short, losing money to WGT.  I have witnessed so many players finish a game frustrated and totally pissed off, not because of poor playing, but because of some administrators decision to tweak the game.  We are grown, intelligent adults who are fed up being insulted by the subtle changes no one is suppose to notice.  It used to be a relaxing downtime to play the game and converse with friends.  WGT has truly lost the perspective of the customers who have kept you employed. If these changes are not reversed, you may find yourselves looking for other jobs.  WGT is scheming itself out of business. I would appreciated a reply to this letter and would be happy to talk with a representative from WGT.  It is up to WGT to provide a quality product that people are willing to pay.  The quality has obviously been neglected.  

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:45 AM

Donnie73:

I'm curious if you would agree on this subject Hyena ...

Hello Donnie.  I think that this subject should be addressed in a whole new post under any of the two forums where I think most of us read and write about things like this :

WGT Beta (for the technical part of the game engine)

Product Suggestions (ideas about how WGT could be improved or fixed)

Otherwise, this thread (of yours) might not be read and attended the way we all wish our inquires should be, since you posted it under a stream line of conversation way out of such topic you are tossing in.

Besides that, Hyena is only another player & costumer like you and me.  You shout try to establish communication with WGTPizza or WGTicon. Those guys are like the response squad on the WGT forums per se.

Also, you could write directly to the Customer Support Team and as it has happened to me, you will receive some feedback, hopefully satisfactory for you.

Respect to you my friend.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:47 PM

Quijotazo:
    Hello Donnie.  I think that this subject should be addressed in a whole new post

Well said, Quijotazo. Donnie73, be sure to stay aligned with the current thread's topic, or feel free to start your own. Changing the topic in a thread is considered "hijacking" and is looked down upon. I apologize for not addressing your questions here, but if I find the thread you create I will gladly lend my two cents  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza 

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:05 PM

TY  * Q     Your story come to mind a few minutes ago when I just finished a practice round on Bethpage Black.  My thrill came after I played the wk 42free multiround open.  The next game I played was the wk 42 free multiround open practice (the option in the box to the right where it says "practice & learn more")  Here's the fun part.  WGT has mixed up the rules.  #1 I'm using a G20 l-81+ from the hack tees.  What a blast!  I remember when I wished I could drive that far.  #2  I never knew where the next pin would be.  Suprise at every hole.  #3  Couldn't have been a nicer day.  Blue sky, Mickey mouse clouds and low wind.  #4 Birds were flying south everywhere & even stopped by some of my greens.  Ya got a couple of days to  try it out.  I hope they have this option nx wk.    just dandy                                                                                                                    

• PAGES
RSS