Help › Forums

Just a simple game ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:09 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:50 PM

Up to this point, the amount of runs being played at the same time on WGT could be comparable to a very busy airport terminal, where all the flights that take off should be able to land.

Unfortunately, some players have less commitment to finish games than others. In that case, the presentation of one's percentage of game-finishing-habits seems to be a very good tool not only by exposing those whose tendency is less into finish games, but framing the good guys, those whose percentages are in the surroundings of 93%+.

On the other hand, WGT and/or internet servers, and/or flash player, and/or some other uncomprehended computer bugs, are also responsible for game failures, errors and freezes.

Out of frustration, some players write posts criticizing very hard this site and game.  And also due to frustration, the other sided players simply criticize those with low percentages.

I think that the truth that lies under every case is not 100% known, not even to WGT, the administrators of this site.  Maybe that's one of the reasons why they are very careful on never judging players, since they know that certain things are yet to be understood, addressed and fixed, and they are working on it.

Why don't we just take a break on throwing stones to WGT, as well as to other players that seem to be guilty as charged.  Let's enjoy this game and site as much as we can.  We know by now that this is more than just a simple game.   It's a very interesting and nice experience, with certain closeness to real golf (mentally speaking) and very entertaining.

Let's play with everyone we can.  Let's help anyone who is having trouble with it, with the comprehension of certain things that to some of us could be rather obvious.  Let's remember that new players will keep asking the same old questions we asked when we were the new blood too. Our cool doesn't show by criticizing those who need to ask again what we already know.

I know that most WGT bugs will be fixed sometime in the future, and they will come to past. Cheers to that !

AJ - Quijotazo

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:08 PM

i  agree  110 %  ,  good post   ,    positive  in my book  :)  Frapp

• GCLIFFO
    11 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:25 PM

Not sure where this goes. I have recently gone to tour master. Everything has changed, my clubs work differently, putts miss for no reason, balls are ripped off and it is like my game is being tampered with, when does this stop, the fun apect is being ruined by you. I expect your answer to be it does't happen but I am telling you it does. Just one instance, full 3 wood hit with slight wind assistance on flat lie, normally goes 245 - 257, went 215 into water, any explanation ?????? don't bother there is none but your hustling for ball sales, this happens a lot but that is not the main issue. Why bother tampering with the play, what is the motive ???, I have the best equipment for my level, can't upgrade. The inconsistancies ruin a great game. I talk to a lot to other players and all this is common. I thats how it is, so be it, when wil lmy game be left alone so I can enjoy again.

Regards Greg

• chewy8baca
    263 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:39 AM

Well said, Like AJ I really enjoy the Game.

Chewy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:33 AM

I think you're a frustrated novelist AJ :) ..Andy

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:38 AM

Good points Q. Unfortunately, some folks don't see it as such. Way too many take it as a life or death challenge, and have no patience for the less than gifted. 

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:01 AM

GCLIFFO:

Not sure where this goes ...

Hello Greg.  Actually none of us is either.

GCLIFFO:

I have recently gone to tour master.  Everything has changed, my clubs work differently, putts miss for no reason, balls are ripped off and it is like my game is being tampered with

Change of tier always means more challenging conditions, longer tees, faster greens and very frequently stronger winds (I suppose).  Our thinking process gets once again stressed by "the new".

GCLIFFO:

when does this stop

In my case it took me exactly one year and four months to start getting to the point of having more inner control of emotions and reactions, which combined with more awareness of all facts involved in the game it all turns more interesting than discoraging.

GCLIFFO:

the fun apect is being ruined by you (WGT)

Those should be my words when I was a new TM as well.  I mean no disrespect at all my friend.  We all felt like that.  Don't take it so hard, you'll get through that as part of your own WGT process.

GCLIFFO:

... full 3 wood hit with slight wind assistance on flat lie, normally goes 245 - 257, went 215 into water, any explanation ?

We all have seen worse.  Just move on and keep playing.  You'll find your best game yourself.

GCLIFFO:

The inconsistancies ruin a great game. I talk to a lot to other players and all this is common.

No contradictions with you.  I was right there were you are at right now.  I hope you sense my total understanding of your statement and my respect.  I went through that process just a few months before you.  I exchanged several communications directly with WGT costumer department and every single time I received a very intelligent, conciliatory and warm response, to the point that I understood that WGT is a business, placed in the internet, that hooks us up with a very nice packaging, with the best graphics and addictive game-engine that make us all fall in love with it so much that we end up buying their virtual products to simply enhance our personal experience of it. Besides that, there's not a great evil operating behind WGT simply conspiring against us.  May I sound naive ? Maybe, but I am having so much fun today and still remember all that struggle that you seem to be in right now.

May you find your best game possible my friend.  All my respect.

AJ - Quijotazo

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:00 AM

Totally agree Q,...much easier said than done but in the end this IS ONLY A GAME!!!!   a great one yes,but still. sometimes we get so wrapped  up in it that we lose perspective. Ironically I have found the LESS serious you take this game and enjoy it for what it is [ hiccups and all.]  the better you will do.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:45 AM

A very enlightening post, and one which I would imagine rings true to the ears of most players here.

Quite a number do not frequent the forums, so do not express their even minded opinions but I feel they would agree with all of your words.

• Betototo
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:29 AM

good post

• PAGES
RSS