Forums

Help › Forums

Oh I see, bad at maths cant play at golf, but there's more to it than that thanks

Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:24 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:40 PM

I got 6% for maths, is that good?

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:10 PM

Brutal but funny, nanstar. How many people do you think quit playin' after trying to chip out of the rough? That was my first yeawhateva. Whoa, I've made that mistake playing real golf! I think I just had a breakthrough! Get to know the kitty before you pet it, it's not an overnight thing. (It can be frustrating gettin' bit.....We all know)

• McHola
    209 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:28 PM

It's cuz you are an Aussie, remember like water going down the plughole, yours go in opposite direction, that's why you're 'lipping it', cuz you're putting it the wrong side of cup..!

;)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:03 PM

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    I have played similar shots, in different games and what worked two seconds ago doesnt work on the next hole .

For me, this is what makes this game so much fun actually.  I don't really compare the game to real golf per say,  but I do compare it to how I play the real game of golf.  

For instance,  I may hit my 8 iron in real life 165yds on a perfect strike with a good lie and right on target,  the next hole from 165yds out, I might only hit it my normal 150ish yds.  Usually when I hit my clubs like my 8 iron example is when I am left a shot that is in my 8 iron range but fly the green because of a random perfect hit.  

It's what keeps this game a challenge I think.  If every shot reacted the same way every time, then this game would turn into TWO for me.  Only played for a short while before I got bored with it.

To each their own.  This site is great and will only get better.  Some may see it otherwise, but you just can't please everyone all of the time.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:31 AM

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    we dont know why and are very angry as well as confused. Does anyone else feel like this or am I just complaining for nothing. Glenn
    You are perfectly entitled to spoil your own fun, e.g. with high ambitions. A guy who shot one 30, 31, 32 each may or may not whine about an occasional 39 or higher...

Alas, you might change your mind upon hearing that there are only a few of those "happy" games left for you. Any time soon you will advance to the Master tier *hands Kleenex* lol

Enjoy the last days of TP, try to hunt some Masters in match play, b4 you face the yuppie tees.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:11 AM

alosso:

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    we dont know why and are very angry as well as confused. Does anyone else feel like this or am I just complaining for nothing. Glenn
    You are perfectly entitled to spoil your own fun, e.g. with high ambitions. A guy who shot one 30, 31, 32 each may or may not whine about an occasional 39 or higher...

Alas, you might change your mind upon hearing that there are only a few of those "happy" games left for you. Any time soon you will advance to the Master tier *hands Kleenex* lol

Enjoy the last days of TP, try to hunt some Masters in match play, b4 you face the yuppie tees.

LOL...Alosso then comes the taste of Tourney greens and breaks of TM. Then onward to the parking lot, greens speeds & breaks of Legend. Last but not least, as yet I can't even imagine, the terrors Tour Legend brings. OP relax and enjoy the ride as it will be a fun and challenging one if you let it be just that.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:11 AM

That's for the future and far future...

YWEM lives and plays today(!), doing a great job at the gate to Master and spoils his own fun!

Late TP was big fun for me, chasing Masters as mentioned before, and many of them may not have noticed that I had no driver then ;o))

Then the game became serious!

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:08 AM

lol GOT TO SAY I LOVE THIS GAME !  SMOKE.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:17 AM

well he took a big step...

came by my page an req frens... i mite can give a pointer or two.. but will deffinatly try and show him the ART of playin for giggle's and plain ole funn..

gotta say i had the pleasure of meeting anuther aussi also last nite ...along with a U.S.A. feller in a random join... turned out we were all 3 in our 50's ... and had great sportmanship & funn attitudes... out of over 1000  multi rounds.. this was in the top ten of the most enjoyable... and i came in 3rd !! ... after dunkin one ..ooops.. .. but i think that actually set the atmosphere after they seen me laff it off.. and still come back to shoot -4 ..on the 9 at CCC... 

so well see..  .. il give him a shot .. 

peace

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:24 PM

2DAMFLASHY:
    well he took a big step...
    2DAMFLASHY:
    so well see..  .. il give him a shot .. 

It's an 'intelligent man who learns by his mistakes' might be worth taking under your wing.............Andy

• PAGES
RSS