Forums

Help › Forums

Oh I see, bad at maths cant play at golf, but there's more to it than that thanks

Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:24 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YeahWhatEvaMate
    12 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:24 PM

This is not like the real game is it?. Easier to play real golf than this game. I have played similar shots, in different games and what worked two seconds ago doesnt work on the next hole . So WGT is saying my simple maths skills cant even work . I have spoken with others, and some say read forums and it will help. Sorry No Einstein here plus it is to confusing and not simplified. Why should only those with great maths and an understanding of such crap on here be the Glorious Winners. But it's more than that ,there are cheats on here Ive heard too ,with hax for swing and yrd distance ( is it realy true???)

I am also accusing WGT in giving false information on the courses and allowing us to make errors , and we dont know why and are very angry as well as confused. Does anyone else feel like this or am I just complaining for nothing. Glenn  

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:38 PM

YEA....... WHAT EVERRRRRRRRRR  .. 

playing all them turny's is makin u one bitter dude... 

NEWS FLASH !!   THIS GAME IS HARD ...and ITS MENT TO BE THAT WAY...

u can join the few other whinny rigged theorist and all of ya have a big CRY FEST..or find some friends that will share some tips and just HAVE some funn... 

sure there's a few cheets..(multi accounters) . BUT guess what ?? EVEN they had to practice like hek to get good... WGT will deal with them .. making frends and playing with folks BETTER than u will make u BETTER .. 

but then i don't know mabey yer one of them type guys that ...if ya make a bogey..gets pissed ..then see's who ever there playin with make a birdy..and  instantly HATE them.....for no reason at all..... hence only 1 frend

id be willing to bet he frended u after loosing to ya ???  am i right ?

blame it on everything .. rant an cry .. hate me too... still wont make ya any better.. only changing ya ... ... YEAWHATEVA ATTITUDE will ... 

suck it up man... GO PRACTICE .... 

peace

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:48 PM

TY adam, for slapping him along side o' de head. Whinging entitlement vampire needs to realize successful play is not handed out like the dole; one has to earn it the hard way.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:09 PM

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    . So WGT is saying my simple maths skills cant even work . I have spoken with others, and some say read forums and it will help. Sorry No Einstein here plus it is to confusing and not simplified. Why should only those with great maths and an understanding of such crap on here be the Glorious Winners

Chill man,everyone has different equations for all aspects of the GAME., God knows I can't make head nor tail of some of it, BUT, what I did do was cherry pick what worked for me off the 'FORUMS', listened to better players, ASK for advice (which was given willingly)...

So how did I know what worked for me?  Trial and error,coupled with (as has been stated) PRACTICE. There is no easy way around this game but it's sure been  fun learning and still is !!

There are occasional errors from both ends and they do make ppl angry or confused at times, so complaining is definatly allowed....but find me  better on-line golf game with the social aspect and I'll 'eat my hat'...............gl...Andy

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:11 PM

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    Easier to play real golf than this game

First thing you have to think is that your WGT personal handicap is a great 67 right now, and getting better, after only two months of playing on this site.  In real golf, that handicap would mean that in any given 18 hole game you would go -5 and in a four day tournament you would score -20.

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    WGT is saying my simple maths skills cant even work . I have spoken with others, and some say read forums and it will help

We all have felt like that at some poing, but just hold on, keep playing, practicing and mastering this game with it's obvious differences from real golf, and you'll get to enjoy it a lot more, trust me (well, don't have to tho).

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    Why should only those with great maths and an understanding of such cr*p on here be the Glorious Winners

Most of those guys have no less than two or even three (and more) years playing on this site.  They have learn how to interact with all the game conditions in such a way that you are right, they seem to be kind of up there for the moment, but it's our mission to try to get there too with time and patience.

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    ... there are cheats on here I've heard too, with hoax for swing and yrd distance ...

I heard those gossips too, but now I don't take everything anyone says, specially when (mostly) new players are the ones thinking and saying those things.  Now, I just learned to play good enough to make others think I must be cheating too, but I try to take sometime to explain a bit about the game and it's features when appropriate.

YeahWhatEvaMate:
    I am also accusing WGT in giving false information on the courses and allowing us to make errors, and we don't know why and are very angry as well as confused. Does anyone else feel like this or am I just complaining for nothing

I hope that everyone who read your words can relate to you the same way I do, since we all felt exactly like that during our first months playing WGT.  I want to end up saying my friend, that only practice and patience will speak the truth to you, in such a way that only you will recognize it, at its proper time, if you are willing to continue.  And no, you are not just complaining for nothing; you are exercising your freedom of speech, facilitated by WGT through this posting ambiance, and we are all free to read and answer, hopefully the best way we can.

I hope you find your (WGT) game, and I bet you'll get to the point to enjoy it as much as most of us do, after one or more years of struggle (still) learning.

My respect and good vibes to you Glenn.  Keep trying my friend, you are doing good !

AJ - Quijotazo

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:23 PM

It is not a perfect world, this is not a perfect game. It is as good as we have at this time. For Gods sake, chill out. Either play for fun, or take a break.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:40 PM

I don't get what he's pizzing and moaning about? The math is too hard?  WGT has false math? Sorry I don't get why the hell he's belly aching. Just practice, it don't take math to get good, it takes feel.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:41 PM

YeahWhatEvaMate:

This is not like the real game is it?. Easier to play real golf than this game. I have played similar shots, in different games and what worked two seconds ago doesnt work on the next hole . So WGT is saying my simple maths skills cant even work .

I played real golf for over 40 years and I find this game to be quite realistic..

Good math skills are also required when playing on a real course..Players and caddies must calculate the effects of wind, lie, and and elevation to pull the proper club and decide exactly how hard to swing...

• YeahWhatEvaMate
    12 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:49 PM

I say it because of the rubish people have said to me about the help in the forums and the maths stuff in there to help me. Is that ok mate, the convo's was with me not you so shut it.

How can you comment on convo's Ive had with others about stuff that you wernt involved with.

They are saying feel yes but put it aside, the  maths is the key and will get ya the holes in one you are looking for and others great shots ( yeah right give me the ding master 2000 and swing meter perfect programs, and I just might LOL )

• PAGES
RSS