Forums

Help › Forums

lost balls

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:40 AM (8 replies)
  • straightenup
    14 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:47 PM

It's probably been mentioned somewhere else I guess, but there must be big rabbit holes on the 11th at St Andrews right side fairway under the bushes !!!!!  Can't WGT do some trick to preserve the length of our balls in play or allow the player a choice of...

1. Take a drop in the rough, as it is allowed in normal golf

2. Go back to the tee

3. WGT to decrease the ball longevity

The bush/es are only 4 ft high for goodness sake

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:53 PM

Fraid not, it's either be brave or be short...........oh, you could always 'ding' it.. :) . Can laugh about that tee shot now as I can't reach the bushes anymore...it was annoying though.....Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:36 PM

To retrieve balls from gorse, you'd need a dog.

Nice story told, pics and statue shown at the golf club in Hopeman IV30 5YA, Moray, Scotland!

• waltpage
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:13 AM

I agree completely.I just quit the game rather than lose the entire sleeve I purchased at the start.Seems the more balls I buy,the faster they are taking from me.Everything I do to improve my game that cost money,it seems the more crazy things happen to make it worse.Stuck in Pro after being stuck in Amateur forever,the game is starting to become cumbersome.I don't enjoy it the more I try to enjoy it.Im about to find another way to find my kicks.So way to go WGT,another one is going ......out of bounds!!!

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 4:25 AM

straightenup:
    but there must be big rabbit holes on the 11th at St Andrews right side fairway under the bushes !!!!! 

You're funny, Lance!  You must feel better after your HIO now, eh?? Lol!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:43 AM

Trust me if you hit your ball in a gorse bush you don't try to get it out.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:07 AM

I love how everyone comments on the reality of hitting your ball in the gorse rather then losing their balls in the game lol..

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:28 AM

Every video game I've played with "gorse" labeled loses your ball in there.  It's a realistic part of the game.

Tip:  Avoid the gorse.  And, don't eat yellow snow.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:40 AM

LOL!

Those who wish to find the occasional ball in the rough etc. should be careful: Instead of retrieving every ball from the heaviest of rough as it is now they might face the new fact to lose the occasional ball in light rough like ev1 does in reality.

RSS