Forums

Help › Forums

METER issues!!! I have (1) solution that works!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:49 PM (2 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:33 PM

If you're like me......I constantly have METER issues and times when my AVATAR just freezes.

I have a FREE trial edition of a program called "SuperAntiSpyware".  Google this and download it.  This program allows you to run SCANS...and normally, within the first 60 seconds......ALL of the "cookies & junk" shows up.

And.........I can tell you WHERE all this JUNK is coming from.....WGT ADs!!!  As we play WGT golf games, matches, Tournaments.....anytime we're playing, those Advertisers are placing COOKIES on our computers......these cookies, ADs cause PROBLEMS with the METERS.  I find that during the middle of some games...I have to run a quick scan and get rid of the JUNK......just to be abe to continue with my games.

Guess this is all just part of playing here on WGT........but, I highly RECOMMEND this "SuperAntiSpyware" software......even though, I feel sure you have NORTON, AVG or MACAFEE programs.

Hope this will help WGT members with THEIR "meter issues".

Bob

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:27 PM

You only need an anti malware program configured properly to stop those things you speak of Bob. That trial program usually causes more problems than its worth. Using the built in security features windows has is enough . But its all about preference right ?

Have a great night.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:49 PM

Well......I do have MACAFEE antivirus software installed.....but, it doesn't seem to catch everything.  If I don't use that "SuperAntiSpy" software to scan and remove STUFF....my WGT games freeze up on me.........after I do a scan and pick up from 1 to 30 items and delete them......my game will not resume.

So.....this works for me.  I WISH I had a softward program that would STOP the problems.  But, as I mentioned.......all of the WGT ADs leave "cookies"......and as they accumulate.....they screw up my WGT play.

Any OTHER ideas....................anyone?

Bob

RSS