Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual Golf or Not

Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:26 PM (6 replies)
  • AlexBorgesjr
    1,305 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:41 PM

they heard your request and gave you a putting green, I have a problem with a putting green that gives you 145 ft putts , if thats the case putting isnt your problem it's your aproach, i have a few suggestions when you buy a ball, you dont buy a real ball, so lets get real, buy the amount of hits, if the average ball last 120 hits well if it goes in drink, no big deal .you still have your ball and the remainder of your hits, another thing a driving range where you can pay to use top calibur boys {range balls} 50 to 75 credits for bucket of balls 100 balls and you can get into a timing /sync/rythm. of hiting your ball at diferent speeds. and you will improve your game, or each course can have a driving range so you can practice wind like conditions. but the ball thing with you guys ending games and saying try back later after you have lost your ball,or you cant meet up with that person again.another thing this game isnt free, its really a lie, if I and everybody else went back to our free balls after we bought our equipmentand nobody spent a dime starting tomorrow you would start charging, so dont say it's free because it's not. I pay and other players who always buy equipment, putterpal.but better players would be rewarded ,for pay for per hit , they shoot low. show us you really care do the right thing.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:06 PM

It can be played for free. Either with the starter stuff, or by doing surveys and watching videos and earning credits that way. 

Oh, and you've put this in the wrong section.

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 9:57 AM

Well  excuse  me   !

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 8:37 PM

In havent spent a cent on this game...and I use cheap balls. Do surverys etc etc

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:35 PM

What a rambling post - its taken several attempts to even read it - was this all said in one breath like a horse racing commentator? But I will try to answer some points you ranted.

Basically if you want to find "your rhythm" put the game into practice mode on your desired course before teeing off in a ranked/scored round. Use the starter ball in this mode, the meter speed is faster and when it comes to your "game ball" it will seem easier to ding.

As with most real golf courses, a ball in the water is not retrievable (well 9 out of 10 times) and this game is no exception, except the ball is never retrievable.

I assume you mean when WGT goes down for maintenance you lose your hits on the ball or a game freezes - yes frustrating but not exactly a life threatening event.

Finally you can play the game without spending a dime by using purely the starters equipment (I did that for my first year) or doing surveys etc. The choice is yours. Yes if you want to have the advantage of the better equipment it is hard to play this game without opening your wallet at some time, but it is possible.

• inthedr1nk
    28 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:26 PM

I don't understand the complaints about buying balls, clubs etc. I've played this game for about 2 1/2 months now and have probably earned in excess of 12k credits? That's being conservative. I have about 20 balls in my inventory, the clubs I want, and I can earn credits faster than I can spend them.

Now there's certain info you need to put in to any one survey to qualify but it's not that hard to figure out. The only time I spent money was to buy my putter because I honestly felt obligated to buy it after earning so many thousands of credits. I could have easily gotten it for free but I felt like I was robbing WGT if I did.  

I've even got 5,500 credits banked waiting to level up for my next club set. If you just take your time and root around the site for a bit, there's golden opportunities to earn tons of free credits. All it takes is a little patience. 

RSS