Forums

Help › Forums

hi there

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:38 PM (3 replies)
  • ken84
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 4:33 PM

gday everyone  just have some questions i love this game i know its only beta but im having trouble with puting and as im new i am trying to learn how to play (i dont play real golf) so im getting to understand club selection.Getting the ball to stop on the green is my issue i either fall short or roll to the edge of the green and i put back spin on the ball but it still runs wild even if i choose to land just short of the green . Im not using the starters swing setting so im trying to do things the hard way any tips i want to buy some stuff on here but until i know im going to be able to play tornaments im just cautious any help for a green horn like me will be much appriciated

thanks in advance  

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:02 PM

Type 'putting tips' into 'search' =====> many theories and ideas there....welcome aboard .....Andy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:04 PM

Gday Ken and welcome to the game. Firstly I recommend you read the FAQ over ------> if you havent done so already.

Putting takes a long time to master, or at least even become remotely good at it, it is without a doubt the hardest aspect of the game, but also the part of your game that can allow you to score well. There are some great posts in the forums about putting, do a search.

As for stopping the ball on the green, sadly the starters clubs (or ball) will not allow this and you would need to upgrade the clubs for the backspin to work. I played fpr ages with the starters clubs and it is possible to play well, say on St Andrews, but instead of aiming for the pin, you aim short and run it on. With practice you get used to the yardages that allow you to do this.  However I would advise you wait until you level up enough to get decent clubs (the clubs improve the higher the level) and this would bot take long to get to level 30ish if you play a reasonable amount.

Basically the key to this game is practice and a much as possible, The game gets easier the more you practice and play, and in turn, the more you enjoy the game. Obviously better clubs make the game a lot easier but even practice is the key.

Enjoy the game, it is a great game played by a lot of great people.

• ken84
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:38 PM

thanks guys i look forward to gettting alot more advice from eveyone i will just keep at it and level up as sugested then get some decent clubs thanks again look forward to getting into a tounament one day when i can hit the ball straight and putt to a resonable level :)

RSS