Help › Forums

Just Signed Up

Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:42 PM (7 replies)
  • JohnJay57
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:23 PM

Hello

I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Just played my 1st game @ bethpage black  (WOW) shot 57 on the front 9 and that was from the red  :(      (well at least I made 1 par on hole 9)

I need putting practice.  Is there a practice green ?  LOL

Any way looking forward to improving my game

JohnJay57

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:53 AM

welcome!

57 is not too bad. I don't remember my first score but I wonder if it was higher!

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:16 AM

WGTicon:

welcome!

57 is not too bad. I don't remember my first score but I wonder if it was higher!

-wgticon

I know mine was !!!  Welcome aboard.....Andy

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:25 AM

Each green on the courses is a practice green up to a max of +6 score.

Don't be afraid to play around, and if you are, set up practice games.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:51 AM

JJ57,  Welcome,    57  fisrt ever ,i remember giving up  ,to hard i said  LOL,  well  i tried again ,i did not give up .........                Read the FAQs,  and on practice play(Game)  you can practice all sorts of shots, Good putting come with time and patience  mix with a lot of close miss :)   Most of all have fun,  play with members,and join a Country Club, some CC,takes new commers and help them progress  , you will find them in the Country Club Corner ....GL         Frapp

• JohnJay57
    7 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 5:06 PM

Hey guys

Thanks for all the support and advice 

I will read up on the FAQ's and watch more videos.

Johnjay57

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:51 PM

Welcome to the game John, some days I still struggle to shoot 57 for 9 holes!

Read the game tips over there -----> read the forums for tips and practice.....a lot.

No practice greens just put the game in practice mode and try all the different types of shots and you will improve.

Most importantly enjoy the game, Alan

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:42 PM

Welcome... A 57 on Bethpage for your 1st time out is respectable.

A good 1st course to improve your skillz.

Some difficult fairways to hit and a few elevated greens that are hard to stick. (1,2,3 then the Par 5 4th are birdiable... 5 thru 7 will test your mettle, and you will struggle to save your score over the water at 8 and the long 9th)

Despite some awful pin positions, Beth's greens are very even (perfect for practicing distance control).

Good luck.

(Increse your learning curve and make your next hard challenge Congressional's back 9).

>Hunter<

RSS