Forums

Help › Forums

Man .. this put a huge lump in my throat ..

Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:21 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:34 AM

John Unger and Schoep

They have spent almost twenty years together; he was rescued as a puppy. It’s hard for Unger to talk about their time together because 19-year-old Shoep is nearing the end of his long, happy life."What he means to me? I can't put into words.

"He suffers from arthritis and has trouble sleeping, so to ease his pain, Unger takes him swimming and Schoep will fall asleep in his arms."Not too many more times are we going to be able to do this. So every time now it's a pretty special feeling....the buoyancy it gives him in the water relieves the pain, or at least some of it to the point where he's relaxed," said Unger with Schoep by his side. "You give love and that love will return tenfold, that's what I want people to get from this photograph," said Unger. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:20 AM

Mans best friend :)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:28 AM

Very cool. I know I love my doggie even when he is mean to me :)

Great stuff Chris you cant make this stuff up.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:37 AM

nice 1 chris my dog is 9 years old he has arthritis aswell he is a golden retriever big softie i would be lost with out him when i wake up in the morning he is always on my bed lol mans best friend.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:46 AM

We heard this story on K-Love Christian radio

dog saved a 9-week-old baby in Portland, Conn. over the weekend. On Sunday, the members of the Brousseau family were all tucked into bed for the evening when their dog Duke began behaving erratically. The dog, which Jenna Brousseau and her husband had adopted six years earlier, leaped onto the couple's bed. He was jumping and shaking uncontrollably. Duke's bizarre actions woke them up. It was so out of character for the pooch that the couple knew something was amiss.

Meanwhile, in another bedroom, the couple's infant daughter Harper had stopped breathing in her sleep. When Jenna and her husband checked on their daughter, they realized that their dog saved their 9-week-old baby by preventing them from sleeping and alerting them that something was wrong. The Huffington Post reported that the baby's father called 911, and the infant was revived by responders to the scene. As for Duke, the family considers him a hero. "If Duke hadn't been so scared, we would have just gone to sleep. ... He's the perfect dog, he was meant, meant to be ours."

It was incredibly fortunate that Duke was so in tune with the new arrival to the Brousseau family. The dog's saved the 9-week-old baby's life by recognizing that something was wrong with the infant and having the instinct to make his owners aware of the situation.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:11 AM

DOGS

only mammal that is happy to see you,

even when your late.

i shouldnt of gotten married

should of just gotten another dog

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:05 PM

Chris,  this story put a lump in my throat,    John Unger   make me feel proud of the human kindness we all have inside of us .  Blessed be in Love and Peace ,may there be a paradise for Schoep  in the picture it looks like he is there already           Frapp

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:50 PM

you  also  shared  a beautiful  story  ,ty for that ,  sure is nice NOT to see  crying post  dominate the forums,  and you( borntobesting)   i always enjoy  your interventions , You always  informe,help the comminity  and yes sometime funny .THXS  for peoples like you .                                                                 Francois (Frapp)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:07 PM

yeah chaps .. i can tellya i'm definitely not the emotional type at all ... BUT every time i look at that image it just really gets to me .. very intense

• PAGES
RSS