Help › Forums

Scamed

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:38 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RazerRayne
    11 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:58 PM

I was just invited to play a round and was not told of having to pay 45 credits to play this round before hand. he has now taken my credits and I wish them back. only wish I had wrote there name down before I left the game.  I think this is very dishonorable to do to others and WGT should get involved in it. I am sure you have a record of who it was that invited me to play that round about 10 minutes ago from now which is 5:54 PM EST.  I spent to much of my time to get my credits doing surveys and so on to have some one scam me out of them. I only started playing this game 3 or 4 days ago so do not know alot of what is going on but this person should have messaged me before inviting me and taking my credits. It makes me wonder how many others he has done this with now. WGT please get involved in this.

Thank You

Razer

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:28 PM

?????...Very puzzling,  to my knowledge a screen pops up asking one if they accept a credit challenge match and the amount of credits wagered in order for it to proceed. By clicking the I accept then leaving the match  you forfeited your credits instead of playing it through. No offense intended but I personally don't see how that could be considered a scam if you willingly accepted the match then forfeited. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:51 PM

Yeah, I think OBR is right on this one.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:57 PM

Totally agree, not that I play challenges (friends excepted occasionaly) it will always pop up and you would have to agree. If you went into your account it may show where the credits went but not sure of this.

I wouldn't call this a scam, but depending on the Tier of the player (or equipment) in the challenge, they may have seen a greenhorn and you may have had your first encounter with a shark. Beware - they circle!

As with anything, read what you are agreeing too as you would with any contract.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:03 PM

RazerRayne:

I was just invited to play a round and was not told of having to pay 45 credits to play this round before hand. he has now taken my credits and I wish them back. only wish I had wrote there name down before I left the game.  I think this is very dishonorable to do to others and WGT should get involved in it. I am sure you have a record of who it was that invited me to play that round about 10 minutes ago from now which is 5:54 PM EST.  I spent to much of my time to get my credits doing surveys and so on to have some one scam me out of them. I only started playing this game 3 or 4 days ago so do not know alot of what is going on but this person should have messaged me before inviting me and taking my credits. It makes me wonder how many others he has done this with now. WGT please get involved in this.

Thank You

Razer

the underlined bit is a total contradiction

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:16 PM

fairground11:
    the underlined bit is a total contradiction

This is true, must have done one heck of a lot of surveys in a few days to earn the equipment he has got. I am lucky to get one a month these days.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:14 PM

I got drunk, fell in the gutter, skinned my knees and a few other things.  I managed to crawl home and play a couple challenge rounds, which I somehow managed to lose.  I want my credits back. a couple sleeves of balls, and maybe a better set of irons.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:21 PM

bubbadork:

I got drunk, fell in the gutter, skinned my knees and a few other things.  I managed to crawl home and play a couple challenge rounds, which I somehow managed to lose.  I want my credits back. a couple sleeves of balls, and maybe a better set of irons.

LMAO - seems fair, after all, we can't be held accountable for our own actions........can we?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:17 AM

Hi

45 credits is puzzling since challenge is 100 minimum. can you please provide more details?

-wgticon

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:27 AM

costs 40 credits to play Cabo or Whistler...maybe he was mistaken about the amount and played one of those courses.

• PAGES
RSS