Help › Forums

Question

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:38 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:25 PM

How does a players country of origin change daily? How about from USA TO ANTARCTICA, TO SPAIN all in one day, lol. Must be very fast jets, hey. I have been noticing this a lot lately. Very weird, just don't pass the smell test.

Gerald

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:31 PM

Not possible as far as I'm aware . .

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:44 PM

Well it is for sure happening. I have real good feeling i know how, but not going there. Maybe someone could shed a little light on the subject.

Gerald

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:54 PM

No big conspiracy there. I imagine it's as simple as changing your address in your account info.

Just wondering, though .... WTF difference could it possibly make to you which country a player says he/she is from?  And why in the world would anyone spend enough time scrolling player lists or whatever to even notice crap like that??? 

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:59 PM

I would think not. Where i live i can't play for credits. So you are saying all i need to do is change my address in account info, and then i can play for credits. What about IP address?? I would think changing that info would not do anything.

Gerald

p.s. Lol, not spending any time looking for anything, lmao. I am seeing it right here in forum, lololololol., Not going to say players names of course, but very easy to see, sorry i have eyes. lol. So Jeff if your country of origin changed when i went to reply to your post you would not notice that?? Sorry again, eyes work very well.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:00 PM

With all of the problems concerning videos and surveys lately I wouldn't be surprised at all to find a lot of people playing with addresses, moving through various countries in an attempt to gain access to more of them (or any at all).

EDIT: Gerald, IP addresses can be changed, too.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:05 PM

If what you are saying is right, WOW. Damn, off to change my address, see yall in the Ready Gos, lmao.

Gerald

p.s. I think somewhere in Europe would be cool, or maybe Mars, the moon, sht, i do anything to play for credits, lol.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:48 AM

changing your flag i don't think would help with the credits chase but possibly to enter country specific tourneys ?? never thought of that - i don't need a sleeve of balls that badly.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 12:02 PM

bypass07:
    changing your flag i don't think would help with the credits chase but possibly to enter country specific tourneys ??

Yep, you can change your country very easily. Just edit your billing info to reflect the country of your choice and presto - you are officially committing fraud.

Let's say you live in a country that does not allow you to enter a tourney due to it's gaming laws, or surveys due to their demographic requirements. If you change your country, you are then able to participate in these, but when it comes to verifying your country (paying out the winner of a tourney, or paying out survey credits earned) you will be discovered, and you will gain nothing.

In the case of the tournament, you are taken off the leader board and the next eligible leader will take your prize. In the case of a survey, you are out of luck. Stay honest, it will benefit you greater in the long run  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:22 PM

Not from what i'm told. But no worries here, because i will not partake in any of that foolishness. And to think people are changing there country of origin just for fun, yeah, right, lol. All i can say about this is good luck with that.

Gerald

• PAGES
RSS