Forums

Help › Forums

Turn Off Computer?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 24 2012 7:00 AM (20 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:22 PM

Do you turn off your computer at night when you go to bed?

Why... why not?  Just curious.

Warren

• kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:33 PM

why would you leave it on ?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:49 PM

Odd post, not sure what it has to do with WGT unless you happened to sleepwalk and play in your sleep. If  you are that addicted, you really need help lol.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:55 PM

alanti:

Odd post, not sure what it has to do with WGT unless you happened to sleepwalk and play in your sleep. If  you are that addicted, you really need help lol.

lol .. funniest post of the day .. nice 1

i just slam down the lid on my laptop .. so when i go sleepy, so does my pc ..

for what thats worth .. lmao

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:57 PM

Tresclub:

Do you turn off your computer at night when you go to bed?

Why... why not?  Just curious.

Interesting topic, Tresclub

There are two camps that I can think of on each side of this discussion: One that says turning off your computer in between uses not only reduces wear and tear on your internal parts, but also coincidentally clears some memory/caches, and one camp that say it is better to leave your computer on 24/7 because the boot on/of process is actually the most strenuous on your internal parts (much like a car), and paired with regular maintenance there is no benefit to turning your computer off between sessions.

Personally, I'm a little of both. I don't like the idea of my home computer running all night. Even though the wattage usage is nominal, I still can't help to feel like I'm being wasteful. I perform regular maintenance, and try to limit the amount of times that I reboot, knowing the stresses it causes.

That's my take, let's here what the rest of the community thinks :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:20 PM

On 24 hrs a day 8 days a week. For various reasons. Too many to even talk about sorry.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:50 PM

ON ...24/7 

the monitor goes to sleep... but i cant blame it for that ... :)

peace

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 7:07 PM

I always shut it off when not in use.  My butt cheeks squeak when I walk though.

RSS