Forums

Help › Forums

Starting to Believe

Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:06 AM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:04 PM

Some of the posts on here, about WGT deciding who wins or loses. I hate to even write this, or think this. In the last 3 nights I have seen the most un-explainable comebacks in AS games. I wouldn't even make these comments, unless I have seen so much nonsense. I have had partners that are dead on, shooting darts. We will be 2-3 up and all of a sudden he will be out of bounds or 30yards off. Same has happened to me, making 30 ft putts and then miss a straight 6 ft. I am not whining or complaining because I play just for the fun, but it has gotten pretty weird. I am about convinced that you really have no control after a game gets to a certain point. Just my observations.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:53 PM

I hate to believe VEM is that powerful in this game but I have seen it happen and experienced such unusual things as well. Im not a great player but I dont suck either and have had some starnge things happen. Especially in MP's against higher tiered players. Id like to think they let me win some holes to make me feel good then decide to play better but I doubt it very much lol.

Still waiting on an invite from you Ren :) I love losing M/P matches :) Oh and trust me the VEM is never on my side or so it seems :)

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:26 PM

Welcome to the game.Yeah sometimes you have to ask yourself, what`s the point? The better that you try too play, the more VEM you will encounter. For every 3 steps forward, the game takes back 5. So what is the point of trying to play better? The game is rigged against us, and there is nothing that we can do. Good Luck.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:11 AM

i roll with the WGT  wave  its better , and there is always calm water coming :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:06 AM

That's what I do Francois, we have played many times together, so you know that. If I just blow it myself, I will be quick to apologize to my partner for my screw up. When the unexpected, wth shot happens I will make a brief omg or wow comment. Then I continue to play on, and always thank everyone for a good game. As I have said before, the win/loss stats mean absolutely nothing in AS games. I have had as many wins due to problems my opponents encountered, as I have losses due to problems on my end.

RSS