Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont Starter/Beginner Challenge

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 11:20 AM (120 replies)
  • TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:53 AM

Okay, I'm up for a spot of torture playing with the starter clubs.

• jammerjay31
    124 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:49 PM

I can play the first round if anybody else is ready?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:54 PM

TarheelsRule:

Before we get started on this I would suggest that someone needs to define what exactly starter clubs are since there were several versions I have seen mentioned.

Starter clubs = either the original green Starter set  OR the Beginner set that WGT added to our bags a few updates ago .... neither of which are purchased by the player. Any other club ( Tour Starters in any color or stripes) has to be purchased and, therefore, isn't allowed.

• TarheelsRule
    5,519 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:19 PM

I agree and have equipped my clubs with such, there were a few other posts where they mentioned the slightly upgraded starter clubs.

Could someone please post the method that you use to take a screen snapshot of your scorecard and post it.   Thanks.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:24 PM

I just hit the "Print Screen" key up at the top-right of the keyboard...  paste into some sort of picture editing software and save it as a JPG... 

• fowlplayoutdoors
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:51 PM

Ill play put my name in the hat and please let me know when this starts!!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:25 PM

tar,

-Alt + PrintScreen the scorecard

-Open Microsoft Paint, edit drop down on top, click paste or click inside paint area and hit control v

-save file as whatever

-I use Tiny Pic (tinypic.com), browse for saved image, hit upload, enter verification text that comes up.

-double click 2nd url link for forums and such, control c to copy

-go to forum post click little greenish film icon on toolbar left of the scissors, paste link in, I change my numbers to 300, 300.

hit ok, continue your post and you should be done.  I believe there are other ways as well.

• TarheelsRule
    5,519 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:22 PM

Thanks Neil....I can save it okay and put the picture of the scorecard in my pictures just couldn't figure out how to upload them to WGT.

I did just play 18 holes at Oakmont in the USGA qualifying with starter clubs and balls.  I managed to card an 87 for the round, didn't post but had 6 inches for the 87 on #18 so I think I could have made it.  No birdies, had a few chances, several pars, one other...an 8 on a part four, four strokes on and four putts.  I think I could have saved a dozen shots and maybe got in as 75 if I played safe and took my time.  Really makes you appreciate those shiny new clubs and balls that we use.

• zakibsen
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:04 PM

yes please

• Lina1979
    122 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 12:02 PM

Round 1 conditions , playing with bpnana

RSS