Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont Starter/Beginner Challenge

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 11:20 AM (120 replies)
  • JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:59 AM

Three full rounds of Oakmont, which we can't even start until July 12th by which time most people will have forgotten having entered?  Ugh :(

Wouldn't it have been easier to have drawn pairs so we could have played in multiplayer in which case we could be getting on with it already?  One round in difficult conditions with starters will be plenty.

What sort of balls can we use?  How do we submit scores and in what format?  How do you know people are using starters if they are playing alone?  How do you know people aren't playing many rounds alone to get the best score?  Please clarify.

• luigi692
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 5:58 AM

I'm in if it's not too late.

My suggestion is: plain starter clubs and balls. Multiplayer so nobody plays with better clubs. Increasing difficulty. Deadline for r1,2 and 3. Submit score printscreens 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:53 AM

I'd love to participate too. sounds like FUN!!!

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:18 AM

OK, just to repeat a few things before the tourney starts:

• The tourney is with starter and beginner clubs AND balls, i.e. equipment that were not brought, that WGT gave you. The free stuff.
    • This tourney will be played in multiplayer mode.
    • Another player that you played with must post the scorecard AND post your score using the link on the front page.
    • This tourney will be single-play. In other words, once you've played that round and posted the score for one of the rounds, you can no longer post a score for that round. You can, however, post someone else's round.
    • If a player leaves a round, post their scorecard up to that point on this thread. That player will have to continue from that point in the round.

If anyone has any other questions that need answering, tell me and I'll try and post an answer.

THE TOURNEY IS NOW OPEN. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:38 AM

how will the set up be I hope it is option 1 on the front page ?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:54 AM

chuckiee:

how will the set up be I hope it is option 1 on the front page ?

You'll have to play all 3 conditions that are on the front page before the end of the tourney. But don't worry, you have a month until then.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:31 AM

Ok, so I'll play...  but do we just pick someone out of the roster?

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:42 AM

yup....send a message to another and start the bleeding.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:52 AM

Just shot an 89...  let me get some work done for a bit, and I guess I'll look someone up...

• TarheelsRule
    5,519 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:17 AM

Before we get started on this I would suggest that someone needs to define what exactly starter clubs are since there were several versions I have seen mentioned.

RSS