Forums

Help › Forums

Money

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:14 PM (4 replies)
  • Smkyplyr984
    20 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:20 PM

i think its time to throw in the towel on this game,,,, getting to expensive,,, 30 bucks for freaking fake golf clubs   COM ! ON ! MAN !   lol 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:40 PM

In real life I can use a set of Callaway golf clubs for $1300 or a set of Acers for under $150. I can by Pro V1 golf balls for over $45 a dozen or use a cheaper ball for under $10. This site is no different other than the fact that this site even offers people a chance to play it for free.

Buying expensive clubs is not a requirement to simply enjoy playing the game and challenging oneself to do the best with a particular set of equipment..

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:10 PM

srellim234:
    Buying expensive clubs is not a requirement to simply enjoy playing the game and challenging oneself to do the best with a particular set of equipment..

100 % Agreed. I personally used the starters clubs for a year, and just set about challenging myself to score as well as I could, just like I often do in real golf. I still remember my first sub par full round.

My attitude now is a couple sleeves of balls a week for entertainment is good value, sure is cheaper than most forms of entertainment.

The game is what you want to make of it, nothing more, nothing less.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:15 PM

There are plenty of free things to do on the internet. WGT offers an awesome way for everyone to play. I have never seen any other site do this sort of thing and to me this is why they are successfull.

I have spent cash but for offers that have given me something back in return. Otherwise I spend more time watching vids and trying surveys here and there to play .

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:14 PM

I see it as a challenge to get as far as possible without spending any money at all. I run a Country Club and give out prizes too.

RSS