Forums

Help › Forums

new here

Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:16 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JadeMichelle
    7 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:28 AM

hi, I'm Jade from Mississippi.  I just joined and would like someone who could teach me to play in games.  so far ppl are pretty rude.

just add me and thanks.

Jade

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:19 AM

Hi Jade & Welcome.

Best way to learn the game is to practice basics. The guides on basics are available here 

I would give those a read and then if you have some specific questions, I would be glad to answer it.

-WGTicon

• JadeMichelle
    7 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:33 AM

Thanks, I did meet a couple of much nicer guys so its better.  Even got some shot help :)

Jade

• littlesmac
    20 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:06 AM

welcome, he's right. reading the tutorials and practice,play & practice. It will come to you and believe me you'll have have whole lot of fun. When i began I played a lot of blitz games, they give you a variety of shots so your able to get the feel of the different clubs,options of swings etc.  remember to have fun, don't get down on yourself. I do have to say , aside from a few stubborn souls, the group here at WGT are a whole lot of fun & willing to help you through those bumps you'll encounter & many have become friends you can always depend on to play with either solo or partners. After almost a year of play , i still consider myself a rookie among the many masters of this game. Look me up, ( though i haven't played regularly lately due to circumstances) i'll play a short one w/you. Hang in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     littlesmac

• JadeMichelle
    7 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:37 AM

I do have one question.  How do I post on other's profiles?  Someone told me how but I don't have the place to click on their wall.  It just has a "view all" option.

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:45 PM

There are some really nice people here at WGT.. I've played a round or two with a few of them.. How ever there are a lot of people who are very stand off'ish.. I've been playing ths game for one month and have sent many requests out yet I have only one friend and he sent me a request.. Any way I asked you if you wanted  to be friends and I hope to hear from you.. If not that fine as well.. Thanks and have fun..

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:48 PM

Welcome to the game. As Icon said, read the guides, especially the putting and chipping guides and use the search in the forums for questions.

Most players are willing to help new players, sadly looks like you have run into the minority.

Enjoy the game.

• skibag
    155 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:57 PM

welcome to a great game jade,just keep practicing and you will be fine,there are so many nice people that play this game so dont you worry bout the rude ones!

happy hittin

skibag

• signguy69
    62 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:55 PM

As a fellow Mississippian, welcome. WGT can be addictive, so enjoy and have fun. See ya out there.

• PAGES
RSS