Forums

Help › Forums

Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:24 PM (9 replies)
  • stevesampson1989
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:45 PM

Hi, only joined yesterday and have already played a couple of decent rounds... now im looking to gain credits as quickly as possible without purchasing credits or taking surveys. Is there tournaments for hack players only, which would give me more chance of winning the tournaments and gaining credits? any help woud be appreciated, thanks steve. 

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:19 PM

Yes, enter all the WGT free strokeplay tournaments now, especially the monthly ones. In most of them you are playing against players in your own tier. For the monthly comps, you stay in the tier you entered them in. If you learn quickly and put a lot of rounds in on the courses on which you have entered the unlimited round tournaments, then come the end of the month you should be a much better player than most others in your tier and so have a good chance of winning.

Also, earn lots of free credits with the WGT ads, surveys, and tasks, and use these the level up quickly and buy better clubs. This will also put you at an advantage. 

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:45 PM

Ummm shooting in the high 70's and 80's arent going to win you any credits. Not trying to pee on your post but those are not decent scores plus you have to combat all the sandbaggers at those low tiers.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:48 PM

fmagnets:
    Also, earn lots of free credits with the WGT ads, surveys, and tasks, and use these the level up quickly and buy better clubs. This will also put you at an advantage

Have to agree with this, if you dont want to or cant open your wallet, then this is the only way you will get credits.

Entering the tournys is fun, but you are against sandbaggers and multi accounters and even some naturally very good newbies - in other words players who play the system. An average of high 70s will not get you any credits.

• stevesampson1989
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:56 AM

thanks for the advice... id rather be out on the course playing instead of listening to them annoying ads and surveys. Ive currently played in a couple of 9 hole comps were ive managed to get a top 70 finish so will gain some credits from there, which will be helpfull.  

• stevesampson1989
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 5:07 AM

thanks for the adivce... ive only been a member for two days so practice will make perfect! hoefully the top 70 finishes i shall aim for to gain credits. Its not that i cant open my wallet, because I could if i wanted to, but I believe that would take the fun out of the game. I would rather start from the bottom and work my way up. In my opinion I see purchasing credits as cheating basically because the game is not being play properly, but thats my opinion.  

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:21 PM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:01 PM

HEY STEVE

turn it off and

run...........

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:50 PM

All I can say is earning credits from top 70 finishes will not buy you vitual equipment. I admire your tenacity and you will continue to improve. I used the starters clubs for a year - I regret not upgrading earlier as the game becomes much more fun having some consistency with your shots. Purchasing credits is not cheating - the same could be said with RL clubs or we would all still be using wooden shafts. Why do we upgrade? To get the most out of the game as we can.

I would recommend that you do upgrade your clubs at some point, but wait until you are a higher level so the clubs will last for as long as possible.

• stevesampson1989
    6 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:24 PM

yes i can understand that buying credits will help you enjoy the game more but each to their own. Ive just played the November 9-hole monthly tournament back 9 and finished level par with my new putter. My game has improved loads just from buying a putter thats what cost me most shots. bought it from the credits ive gained turning into a pro. :)

RSS