Are the pins pulled on putts ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 13 2012 3:04 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:07 AM

^^^^ I use a diff routine.

.If that was my shot/putt anywhere near the fringe I always go to pitch (if there is a dot, I happy)........then 'pitch with bs and roll into hole'..'flop with full bs and hope it kicks right into the hole.....but there are many options...Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:08 AM

alosso:

Putts don't have spin dots, neither on green nor fringe nor tee. The replay doesn't tell anything about any mapping error.

No but the OP said there wasn't one so unless he's lying, my statement stands. Call it a logical assumption.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:26 AM

"one" is spin dot, right?

Nothing wrong with the OP. Ball lies on fringe, putter is the standard proposal, alas with big scale(?). Putter has no spin dot, he sees no spin dot, no clue to differentiate between green and fringe.

I'm sorry YJ, we cannot gather "mapping error" from any information we have.

• boylee0
    38 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:51 AM

Whilst toggling between views (pitch,chip,flop) at no time was a "dot" visible, for that very reason i ruled them out and decided on the putt, after all if i had of made the putt it would of meant a 28 with starter balls, as it was i settled for a 29. Faced with the same shot again i would still opt for the putt but next time manually take the pin out so as to make sure. Just thought i would make this clear so as to avoid any confusion.Once again thanks to all of you that responded, happy clubbing folks ...... Paul. 

edit ; make that a 31 ( wishful thinking)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:38 PM

alosso:
    I'm sorry YJ, we cannot gather "mapping error" from any information we have.

Then explain why a "putt" hit the pin.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 12:48 PM

From the fringe I thought, as the only option.

The last information about "no spin dots on any shot" tells something different. Now I can't judge the situation any more - I'm out.

Peace!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 3:04 PM

Hi

if putt is on green, pin is automatically pulled. Even if you see it, it's just a transparent image.

If putt in fringe or fairway, then pin is in and must be pulled.

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS