Forums

Help › Forums

Downtime Tonight 11/13/2012

Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:09 AM (82 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:55 PM

Enough with the arguing guys. This thread was about a downtime. Now, we're having a "down time". LMAO

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:10 AM

I will always call it as I see it and the guy had no reason to attack . But I have every reason to defend.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:41 AM

pjctas0822:

I will always call it as I see it and the guy had no reason to attack . But I have every reason to defend.

PJ,

No one is (or did) attack you.

I know you fly the US Flag, but based a a few things, I think maybe you may relocated to the US?

I base my assumptions on the spelling of a few words (not incorrectly spelled, just not as has been spelled in the US since the 1700's I reckon) and your misinterpretation of a common word as YJ referred to, and not even directed at you.

So, with that said, I'm going to shoot you an invite so we can discuss this off forum, and let you know where I am coming from and maybe clear up some misconceptions (on both our parts).

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:33 AM

I work in software.

We provide a changelog of all updates and maintenance.

A changelog is a list of all things completed during the maintenance/ update.

We do this for our customers because they are paying customers and they expect to see value for their money. These customers pay ongoing fees for their continuing license support.

Just as we are paying customers here in WGT, it would be nice to see a changelog with each maintenance/ downtime.
    For those who would like to see it. 

It provides an increased perception of VALUE for the product.

Being kept in the dark encourages the opposite.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:57 AM

SHRUDE:
    We provide a changelog of all updates and maintenance.

To whom?

And if no update occurred, why is maintenance information necessary?

BTW, since you have knowledge of this firsthand, tell us what maintence entails at one of your random sites...

Expanding on the above, how does maintenance affect the end user (not updates/upgrades) at all?

I liken maintenance to changing the oil in my car, my car will last longer, but...

My radio doesn't play better, my seat isn't more comfortable, my paint is not shinier...etc...

So, explain why an end user needs a maintenance log (other than the fact that the service is being done).

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 2:42 AM

MBaggese:
    I know you fly the US Flag, but based a a few things, I think maybe you may relocated to the US?

I speak Ebonics :) Spanish is my first language but has not been in the past 7 years or so. I actually had a 4.0 in English somehow in College and High School :)

As I mentioned in PM ....its the FAT finger syndrome.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:08 AM

pjctas0822:
    Its unbelievable people look to you for advice . I will make it known how much class you really have since you do this sort of thing quite often.

Excuse me? You totally miss out on a common expression and take it personally and interpret it as a personal attack? 4.0 in English should have included comprehension. You don't comprehend real well. The definition was to enlighten you AND the picture was a fact about a TV show. Get over yourself, you're not where you think you are.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:39 PM

I just see a lot of unnecessary posting of a topic that has been dragged on, that is not all towards the original topic. Go ahead tear this apart. I don't spend all my time in the forums to get the last word out.

I see two major things not fixed since I first played this game.

1. Threads are not closed and are really long, because topics are changed and nothing has been done about it.

2. The search for this forum is the worst search around.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:07 PM

Wow.....log out for a couple days, because weekends are usually boring around here.....and find out I missed a show.  Now, where's my eating popcorn emoticon?

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:18 PM

YankeeJim:

pjctas0822:
    Its unbelievable people look to you for advice . I will make it known how much class you really have since you do this sort of thing quite often.

Excuse me? You totally miss out on a common expression and take it personally and interpret it as a personal attack? 4.0 in English should have included comprehension. You don't comprehend real well. The definition was to enlighten you AND the picture was a fact about a TV show. Get over yourself, you're not where you think you are.

-1 Yeah whatever you say forum boss . I do not need you to enlighten me ty . Very classy again.

RSS