Help › Forums

Do not feed the bears !

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:46 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:04 AM

As most of us are well aware that Kiawah #2 simply eats expensive balls, I humbly suggest we stop feeding the bears and only play that course with starter balls until the issue is resolved. Perhaps the hungry bears will move elsewhere if we no longer feed them.

Doc :

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:05 AM

drmoose:
    Perhaps the hungry bears will move elsewhere

Great  ,, Just great ..  Now they will be all over the place . And a hungry bear is a angry bear .

OPY iaaRft

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:37 PM

Well heck Opy, it's not like that's the only place where hungry bears are eating our golfballs. The Swilcan burn on St.A's. Most anywhere on best of water courses. Well, I think you get my point, but, what I find really interesting is that when a hungry bear is in the vicinity, our equipment seems to function differently. Hmmmm.

Doc ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:42 PM

Some days you eat the bear. Other days,well, don't go where the bear is.  :-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:58 PM

I support the right to arm bears, to shoot one's mouth off, or to go off half-cocked, whichever is less painful...btw, we've been looking for a man of your caliber.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:00 PM

Giant Grizzly tried to get my ball the other day.

Happy Golfing

Joe

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:19 PM

Some buddies and I drove up to Illinois to go hunting.  We saw a sign that said "Bear Left" so we just turned around and went back home.

Like my old not-so-great uncle used to say, "Son, never assume a gun is unloaded and for God's sake never go hunting with Dick Cheney."

• Jimbo555
    158 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:55 PM

mkg335:
    I support the right to arm bears

Aren't their paws too big to pull the trigger?  Not to mention loading the weapon.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:02 PM

Jimbo555:

mkg335:
    I support the right to arm bears

Aren't their paws too big to pull the trigger?  Not to mention loading the weapon.

Once they get the weapons they're on their own, but it seems only fair to let them return fire.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:09 PM

drmoose:

As most of us are well aware that Kiawah #2 simply eats expensive balls, I humbly suggest we stop feeding the bears and only play that course with starter balls until the issue is resolved. Perhaps the hungry bears will move elsewhere if we no longer feed them.

Doc :

or you could play THAT hole a bit more conservatively,
    just a thought...

• PAGES
RSS