Forums

Help › Forums

whats the best way to spend 900 credits

Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:14 AM (25 replies)
  • Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:20 AM

I think the pro driver (250 credits) is a very good option. I had it for a long time.

Pin wedges ( 200 credits each one ) and there you are 850 credits spent on improving your game. 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:49 AM

Be patient and be still. Save your credits, until you can make a real upgrade. I see the sales reps are encouraging you to waste your credits. Dont listen to them. I dont know if you can do the surveys and videos for free credits or not. If you can , then do as many of them as you can. Build your credits, and learn to play with the clubs that you have. If you can learn to play well , with the lower quality clubs, your skills will be better , when you upgrade. Take your time, learn your way around the courses. Work on ball placement, and how to use your clubs. Play the practice stroke play every day , and work on your game , and build your credits. Hope this helps . Good luck . Happy Swinging

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:54 AM

lonniescott711:
    I see the sales reps are encouraging you to waste your credits.

Easy for a level 91 Master with decent clubs to say. He's 44 levels behind you and probably wants to be more than a Master when he gets there. He's asking for advice now, not then.. You save up all those credits and buy your bag all at once? With  44 levels to go to get to your lofty staus I'd say spending a few credits now is hardly a waste.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:06 AM

YankeeJim:

I'd say spending a few credits now is hardly a waste.

I'm with Lonnie here. Some people don't like spending too much money in the virtual world.

R.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:33 AM

Me thinks that there's nothing wrong with different opinions.None of us holds the ultimate truth for another player - we don't know too much about them. We gave Cado a good variety of choice and he's followed some - Ping wedges and Tour-S balls AFAIS.

Now we can only wait until he makes it to the shot of the day or the like.

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:18 AM

Lmao nobody here is a sales rep to whomever said that. Get real this guy asked for help and was given help. very simple How can we be wrong for replying to what he has asked?

You can save those credits for 7 months if you'd like to But you may be let down when you realize you have saved for clubs and now find yourself wanting good balls. 250+ credits for good balls can add up when they don't last long. And some of those rapture clubs have a quick meter. 4 packs of balls will cost you 1000 credits. This game can be very pricey. That is only for callaways cheapest ball. Forget the 500-650 max balls.

So yeah if you are shooting well with what you've got and are happy waiting more power to you.

I just know when I first built up credits they were burning a whole in my pocket lol.

Your almost master so your doing fine but there is no shame in buying upgrades at tour pro level. Just make sure you keep your clubs in the same speed meter. That will help you when you decide to upgrade.

Nobody is forcing anything on you. Just giving advice.  I think it's awesome that you can ask for advice and get it on the forum.

Great game and a great challenge some days.

You'll be a master in no time either way! So good luck to you and keep having fun no matter what!

Mandy 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:55 PM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    I see the sales reps are encouraging you to waste your credits.

Easy for a level 91 Master with decent clubs to say. He's 44 levels behind you and probably wants to be more than a Master when he gets there. He's asking for advice now, not then.. You save up all those credits and buy your bag all at once? With  44 levels to go to get to your lofty staus I'd say spending a few credits now is hardly a waste.

Yeah and I got here by taking my time , and playing the game.I have never spent 1 penny of my money either. My decent clubs, I got from doing the surveys and videos for free credits. About 2 weeks ago, I bought the lvl 83 G20 irons, and had saved 5000 credits before doing so. I make no apologies for being lvl 91 as I have played every day for 452 cdp. No level up bars or drinks, just putting in my time, and playing the game. So the point is , if I can do it , so can the next player.

The credits will be a waste if it doesnt benefit in the long run. And just like you gave him advice, so why cant I ?I am currently sitting on over 2600 credits, does that upset you too?  I started off just like the OP, with the same lousy clubs, a Hack with no levels By the the time I had found the forums, I had already upgraded to Raptures, and was looking for new wedges . So if I can help a new player with my knowledge , I will do so. And since my advice was for him. I dont care if the sales reps take offense, it wasnt meant for them. But if it irks you so much, then you go buy and gift the OP what they need. Now put up or shut up. Happy Swinging   P.S. I upgraded along the way, but saved my credits, until I could buy what I needed.

• mulfreak
    25 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:31 PM

I have spent some dough on this game and am glad I did.  I'm not that good and wonder how some people shoot as low as they do.  Never thought I would like a video game and have to admit I'm hooked on this game. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:34 PM

lonniescott711:
    The credits will be a waste if it doesnt benefit in the long run.

I totally agree with Lonnie here. An upgrade to clubs for this value would do little to improve the OPs game. The only way to improve part of his game would be a couple of wedges. But I think the Op should save the credits until such a time he has earned enough credits to get a good set of clubs that will last.

It is possible to score sub par rounds on the easier courses with starters clubs, so just keep practicing and trying to earn more credits. But most importantly enjoy.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:13 PM

A lotta players here see all the new clubs and such at high levels, that were not around  a few years back...the level 47 raptures were used by some top players for a long time...sure, scoring sub 30/60 was harder, but was still doable by these folks...as was using the then level 59 G10's, which don't have as good as specs as the level 59 G20's.

What I think it comes down to is do you want to be competitive soon in RG's and MP?..in the future?...have fun and make the game more enjoyable?

IMHO, a decent (not top of the line) set of clubs, good level 42-ish Ping wedges and a decent putter...the irons and wedges will be easy to figure out...then learn to putt and watch your sores drop like crazy...the ability to save par and make a few 15-20 foot putts a round makes the game real fun;)

RSS