Help › Forums

sandbaggers and quitters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:33 PM (24 replies)
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:29 AM

jbenny11:
    to say it's not humanly possible is just wrong.
    Yes killer ,  you are wrong. It's called experience and Focus with a capital F.

• borntobesting
    9,642 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 11:15 AM

KillerRabbit:

I agree, there is no HUMANLY way possible to shoot in the 50s only using your mouse.

I am not the best player on here, mainly because i make lots of stupid decisions during my rounds but on 4 occasions I have been able to shoot 61's. With a couple of extra birdie putts that lipped out those could easily have been 58 or 59's. So it can be done. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean the best players on here can't. I noticed you have 140+ ranked rounds some of the best players on here have well over 1000 and one has over 1700. So it comes from practice and knowledge. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 2:28 PM

borntobesting:
    I am not the best player on here, mainly because i make lots of stupid decisions during my rounds

(sigh) Wish I didn't have to admit to this.............   :-(

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 8:48 AM

I was looking at the monthy leader board, when i noticed that two pro's were in it. Here's a sample of their score history.

28 followed by a 40, 63 (18) followed by a 45.

60 followed by a 76 73 92.

whats wrong with this picture?

• Gorilla4
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:18 AM

I'll stop quitting when they stop making holes where you can't even reach the fairway unless you pay for clubs.  The game is not about skill, but how much maney you give them.

• TarheelsRule
    5,518 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:01 PM

The handicap system is flawed in my opinion by the lack of a course rating and allowing 9 hole scores to count as much as 18 hole scores.  While I can understand that most people don't want to play an 18 hole round, I think that 18 holes should count twice as much toward you handicap.  Also each course should be rated, much as the USGA does to determine your handicap.  I can generally shoot 30 to 32 on nine holes at Kiawah or St Andrews on either side, I have trouble shooting lower than 32 to 33 at BPB and from my play with others I think this is fairly common.  The course rating should be done to make it so that people who play 99% on the easier courses have an average higher, it may be too complex for WGT but the USGA does it with thousands of courses.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:29 PM

Love people whose attitude is if I cant do it nobody can, or people who blame WGT for long holes and short starter clubs and say its all a money making thing.

Simplest suggestion I have is more averages.  Scoring average, free tourney average, ready go average, premium tourney avg, birdies per hole in match play average and course average per each course.  I want all of those for my own benefit, I like stats.  give me those (and I dont think its that hard to do) and we all know who the sandbaggers are, and I think many of us would like to see those stats anyways.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:03 PM

griffygriff:
    Griff, what's wrong with this picture is that you've posted it here.

Take your concerns, and these scores, to members@worldgolftour.com.  They have proven in the past that blatant and obvious sandbagging like this gets the account disabled.

If you see ANY questionable scores, let WGT know.  

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 7:08 AM

Snaike:

griffygriff:
    Griff, what's wrong with this picture is that you've posted it here.

Take your concerns, and these scores, to members@worldgolftour.com.  They have proven in the past that blatant and obvious sandbagging like this gets the account disabled.

If you see ANY questionable scores, let WGT know.  

yea snaike, not long back you posted a whole page of a sandbaggers score history with his name and everything on it. A few weeks back a sandbagger beat over 9 holes and you wrote on his wall you wanted to" STAB HIM IN HIS FACE."

So when i say to you "don't tell me what to do" i think you know where i am coming from.

peace.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:21 AM

Lmao,    love it.  Just like Jr high,   why dont we all be civil and discuss things like adults.

Wgt has gotten , through this forum, at least a dozen suggestions to try to lessen the quitting problem but for some reason has not ( and more then likely will not ) implimented  any of them for their own reasons.

RSS