Forums

Help › Forums

Something I did fixed my browsers

Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:17 AM (24 replies)
  • jnosract
    38 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:05 AM

Hi

I've been playing WGT for 109 days with Hidden status because all I wanted was the game itself. I've had swing meter troubles all along, even using Maxthon3. Several days ago I resorted to the Microsoft Fix-It-Center. It suggested I remove some or all of my boot startup programs, which I did. I also deleted "mngr.exe", which is apparently a commercial browser manager and maybe a trojan.

I have since had pure smooth swing meter, also fast loading, fast everything on WGT, and my other browser Firefox has also dramatically improved. Maybe I just got lucky, but it has made such a dramatic difference for me I thought I'd mention it here.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:31 AM

jnosract:

Hi

I've been playing WGT for 109 days with Hidden status because all I wanted was the game itself. I've had swing meter troubles all along, even using Maxthon3. Several days ago I resorted to the Microsoft Fix-It-Center. It suggested I remove some or all of my boot startup programs, which I did. I also deleted "mngr.exe", which is apparently a commercial browser manager and maybe a trojan.

I have since had pure smooth swing meter, also fast loading, fast everything on WGT, and my other browser Firefox has also dramatically improved. Maybe I just got lucky, but it has made such a dramatic difference for me I thought I'd mention it here.

Many of us do something similar using game booster or in my case Gboost. Either one shuts down unneeded programs and services but only as long as you play and when you deactivate them they restore all programs. It is both easier and safer than trying do things manually.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:31 PM

I'll bet they sent him to the msconfig file.  A little attention there and Gamebooster is moot.  :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:32 PM

Just downloaded gamebooster, will it work automatically when I start to play WGT ? or do I need to press something ?

Just seems to be an icon on my screen at the moment  ty...Andy

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:23 PM

Try pressing "start", that might work

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:44 PM

Yes but not effectively. You need to use the configure feature to shut off unnecessary programs and services for it to be effective.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:11 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Try pressing "start", that might work

If I could find a start button I would've clicked on it and not left myself open to idiotic statements like yours !!

Try helping not hindering.

Plonker !!

Andy.

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:33 PM

Double click on the icon on the desktop and a box should open on your screen you have to click on the feature that lets it check your computer and when that's done you have to click apply.

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:38 PM

By the way I have not used it in a long while because I don't need it with this computer I built last May. I also heard word that the free version was going to be discontinued??? 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:38 PM

dang andy, i enjoyed the other text better :)  laughed hard and was very TRUE!

it's been said there are no dumb questions.........unless it's on a forum where you get ripped just for blinking

RSS