Forums

Help › Forums

constant disconnections

Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:09 PM (22 replies)
  • thenef
    706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:32 AM

how long is this problem going to go on for? since the new strokeplay lobby there has been constant problems with disconnections, i know this is not isolated as i constantly hear all members complaining about this. now it looks bad when u have a bad % due to this problem, and the amount of wasted time playing part games and the waste of money on balls that are used is making me so angry. what are wgt doing about this matter? and will i be given some form of compensation in balls? i buy expensive nike balls just to watch them used in wasted matches. i put in fault reports but never get a reply. plz help thanks

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:41 AM

I've had no disconnection problems and have been on 100% since the beginning, so how can the problem be with the game? Surely if it was we'd all be on low percentages.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:47 AM

The problem is definitely with the game as it happens constantly with the 3 others I play with and me. And it does seem that no one is addressing the problem. If you have not had disconnect problems , you are in the minority. 

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:03 PM

you are definitely in the minority, at least 90% of players i have played are finding this problem,, once it disconnects for 1 player it normally will do it again and again and the game ends up forfeited even when other things still run normally so it is not a problem with my internet or most other players i speak to. 

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:05 PM

thx for your reply putterman, this is a major problem and wgt seam to be doing nothing about it. it is costly in time and money in wasted games. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:31 PM

Hardly get any problems in general but the last 2 days have been crazy...8-12 games for one reason and another have crashed / cancelled / errors....

Even let my Alt opponents play TWO shots before I'd tee'd off y/day !!.........Andy

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:18 PM

thenef:

thx for your reply putterman, this is a major problem and wgt seam to be doing nothing about it. it is costly in time and money in wasted games. 

Granted disconnects in multi player games is a real PIA. 90% of the problem is with players computers and their internet connections. I very rarely disconnect but play with people who disconnect frequently, most of the time it is their service or modems that is causing the interruptions. You can believe that or not, unfortunately if it is other people causing the disconnects there is nothing you or wgt can do. Occasionally it will be on wgt's side but that is rare.

if you are the one disconnecting try powering off your computer, disconnect all of your wires Then depress the reset button for appx 30 seconds. If that doesn't help try calling your internet provider and have them run a test on your line.

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:22 PM

this is happening to me when my computer is still able to run other things without them disconnecting, and saying i have disconnected 3 times when it has only been me once for example, and another player in the group might have discon twice but when we go back to game it faults or says u have discon 3 times.? explain that please. it happens some times when u play a great shot. or miss a putt for example. like it used to boot you before the new strokeplay lobby. now it does this? sorry but its happening to lots of players far to often.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:04 AM

What type of multi games? How many other items you running at the same time as this game? What kind of internet, DSL, Cable or Satellite? Are you Hardwired or Wifi?Do you get the exact same errors everytime? These are all important information to know how to isolate a potential problem(s).

Granted there are disconnect bugs that happen periodically that are on wgt's side but still and all the vast majority are on the user end. Here again this will be a problem no matter what as there are a vast amount of end users with varied equipment and internet connections that can trigger disconnects during games, especially multi games, and there is no way given this is a browser based internet game that it can be prevented. I have certain friends I play with and we have no disconnects what so ever then I have friends that I play with that I can count on that we will have. It's a fact of life on here, one has to learn to live with it. How you live with it is up to you. Send bug reports with screen shots is about the best you can do and yes I already know the answer most have for that what good does that do they don't do anything. If no one did then they won't know what's happening and think everything is copasetic.

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:03 PM

What!!!   WGT has little or no control??  Who created it Walt gypsies?  You've been drinking the Koolaid again.  As far as issues are concerned I have no issues except a crappy game experience every time I play another player or more than one.  Any other time all is well.  In any of the club tourneys or WGT tourney's everything goes smooth, only in stroke play multi player games does this exist and those are the only ones with the little percentage icons after the players name.  Not a coincidence. I bet if they removed it all the problems would cease.

this is 1 of quite a few posts from other players,,,,,, obr   now im just saying this has really affected my game play recently. i love this game but its annoying when your balls that are worn in wasted gameplay are not replaced. i have only said that i think from the very bad experience i have been having since new strokeplay lobby that as a gesture wgt could at least compensate me with a pack of nikes for wasted gamplay and wasted balls. not an unreasonable request. from a player who runs a cc and puts alot of effort into helping others and making the game enjoyable for many new players. 

RSS