Forums

Help › Forums

constant disconnections

Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:09 PM (22 replies)
  • thenef
    706 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:22 PM

the point im making is if other friends are the ones disconnecting why is it saying i have 3 times when ii have not?????? and the balls are waring down for games that do not count

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2012 3:42 PM

sorry hyena its telling me i have disconnected 3 times not my friends and im connected, if their system the problem why is it telling me i have disconnected? i send bug reports and its not my job to expect everyone not just friends to send bug reports. i do play games where its players who are not friends. am i  expected to check every person i try play a round of golf with to make sure their system and internet connections are ok. think that could take a little time

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:01 PM

My connection is rock solid, and I have been disconnected and have game errors while playing as. To get an as going there are a lot of problems. I have spent an hour at times to get in a game or joining a game. I've been using pc's since way before windows came out and it is not a pc problem, or a software problem. There are some people that do have issues that may cause this. It appears to be overloaded servers and/or cheap servers.  There are a lot of folks where that defend WGT on everything against them. I do not know about RPG or Skin games since I do not play them. I play as games from 4 to 12+ hours a day and it is uncountable times they are interrupted by disconnects and game errors. I get to finish about 2/3 or less of the games. So jump on me if you care, but these errors are not being caused by players equipment or software or their internet connections! Wgt has problems and who knows when they will solve them if they ever do. I will keep playing until it gets to be not fun, errors or not.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:16 PM

If you go back to this topic

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/127149.aspx

you'll see where WGTadmin2 said: "they are looking into making it more fair for ALT matches"

But it's now been 3 months since the 'Completion% feature' began and the current Disconnect problems associated with it. So we're probably all wondering how long it's going to take to fix things? I agree it's no fun since you can't risk playing an ALT or Multi-player match because it's almost a Certainty that someone is going to disconnect and not only waste your match but also your completion% goes down too. Perhaps they should just get rid of the 'Completion% feature' since it appears that many if not most players don't care if their % goes down or not? There will always be quitters too. In fact, it seems there are more quitters now than ever before; so there's really no constructive purpose for the 'Completion% feature'

As for sending in Bug Reports (if that's what you mean by "fault reports"), I don't think they reply anyway? Presumably they just fix them or they don't after they receive them but from what I've seen; it doesn't seem like any Bugs which members report are getting fixed? But maybe there are just way too many bugs and not enough time and manpower to fix them and so it may be a very low priority? However, the current 'Disconnect' issues I thought would be of Utmost Priority but maybe not; who knows? Thank God we can still play solo and disconnect without any problems like things used to be and I'm grateful WGT has provided so many wonderful courses to play and other options as well. :) Let's give them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing the best they can.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:26 PM

thenef:

how long is this problem going to go on for? since the new strokeplay lobby there has been constant problems with disconnections, i know this is not isolated as i constantly hear all members complaining about this. now it looks bad when u have a bad % due to this problem, and the amount of wasted time playing part games and the waste of money on balls that are used is making me so angry. what are wgt doing about this matter? and will i be given some form of compensation in balls? i buy expensive nike balls just to watch them used in wasted matches. i put in fault reports but never get a reply. plz help thanks

The only connections problems that I have ever had just started in the past 2 weeks. I traced it to a possible defective router. I unhooked the router and hooked up directly to my modem again and now i have no connection problems. So you need to check for things on your end. Your router,modem, internet service provider, anything like that may be causing you problems.  

• thenef
    706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:55 AM

im not the one disconnecting but it says i am if you read carefully what i have said, the problem i am being punished when others discon, thats why i am asking for compensation as i know its not a problem with me its a wgt problem, and this seems to be getting supported by many many players. so am i gonna get compensated for balls being wasted in games that dont count or even worse count against me???

• richardnoonan
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:34 PM

I've like been disconnected once ever and used to always play maybe 3-4 alternate shot games a day. But all of a sudden this issue began to occur with other players, game after game after game. I would never be disconnected, but at least 1 player would be disconnected at least once in the game.

I tolerated it for a few weeks, but got so frustrated I stopped playing Alternate Shot, Skins and Matchplay games altogether. I now only play stroke play or tourneys. I come here to unwind not to wait around for 5 minutes every time someone disconnects.

RSS